Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I don't have any experience with them so I can't say if they are good or not. They look sturdy enough. What model tractor do you have and what loader? If you have one of the JD CUT's with FEL's that work with the Artillian forks that is the way I would go. They are much lighter giving you more lift capacity. Artillian is one of the vendors on this forum. Just look under the supporting vendors section of the forum.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3520 with 300cx loader. I want a grapple on my forks and in the next year their suppose to be making that set up.
havent found anyone marking forks for the Deere with a grapple yet.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
3520 with 300cx loader. I want a grapple on my forks and in the next year their suppose to be making that set up.

Kenny says he will have his ready for sale within the next year. :lol:

Dave

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I just looked at the forks on the Titan web site. Those things are HEAVY. 340 lbs for the forks and it appears that the back rest is included. Artillian forks are about 200lbs plus 28 lbs for the back rest that I would consider mandatory. I know the price is a little higher, but I can tell you that I will be going with Artillian in the very near future. Our smaller tractors have limited lifting capacity and we need all the help we can get in that category.

Dave

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Artillian dosnt make a 48" set, but they do say there is a grapple coming.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Chris at Artillian will have his grapple soon from what I have heard. Chris in conjunction with KennyD, one of the original owners of this forum also have a diverter valve setup if you do not have a 3rd function for your 300CX to use with the grapple. You can find it here Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Hydraulics>> just scroll down to the bottom of the page.

If you go here you can see my review of the Artillian forks. http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/artillian-tractor/10779-tested-my-new-artillian-frame-landcscape-forks.html

Chris has a lot of attachments and they are made very well. His background is a mechanical engineer and my understanding is that he built one for his tractor and then others wanted the same and that is how he got into the business. I am waiting to see his grapple as well. I like his forks. I am sure that his grapple will be fantastic. You can find his forks here Artillian Tractor Attachments.

By the way I don't get any kickbacks for promoting these guys products. When I find good people to buy from who have great products I like to pass that along.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I myself just bought a grapple for my 2520. I bought an EA grapple as I already had a fork carrige set up. In my extensive research I cold not find one good thing mentioned about the titan (or whatever name they are currently marketed under) product line. I don't believe I have ever read of anyone with a bad experiance with the artillian stuff. Now your milage may vary, but I would really research the options before plunking down my cash.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Donnie, Titan attachments have been around under a variety of names for a while. I would recommend you do an internet search, there are a lot of reviews out there. Just a few weeks ago a member here on GTT purchased a fork carriage from them, and when it arrived it did not fit correctly on his loader. Their response was to send him a photo of some parts that he could try and hire someone to make in his area to correct the problem, and Titan 'might' pay for them.

If I were in your shoes, I would buy a set of Artillian forks. I'm not saying that for any reason other than I'm really impressed by his product, service, and the way he does business. He makes the lightest carriage you can attach to your loader, which equates to the most lifting capacity. Search anywhere online, I don't think you'll find a bad review of Artillian.

As for the 48" forks, I would suggest you ask him. If it's not something he stocks, he may be able to get it. Even if he cant, his fork frames are a standard ITA Class II size, so any fork designed for that size should work. Class II is standard on forklifts from 2,000-6,000 lb lift capacity (roughly), and you can get forks ranging from 24"-60".

·
Administrator
18,786 Posts
Donnie, why 48" forks? 42's are a great all around length for most tasks.

·
Administrator
21,123 Posts
I've found 42" forks to be the perfect go-to for just about every task I need them for. I can't think of a scenario where I'd wished I had longer forks. :unknown:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input on titan. never heard of them, so better to ask then be sorry.
as for why 48" forks I figured better to be a little to much then not enough.
I have a set of JD 48" forks to pick up, but I think I'm going to rethink that. if I get them I'll have to fab up my own grapple.
so hopefully Artillians pallet forks with grapple will be out soon.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Any tips for moving the forks for different size packages. I have adjusted them once and wow it was hard. They just do not slide very easy. Had to really muscle them and I don't have a lot of muscle, yet.:dunno::banghead:

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
method 1: push the top and bottom at the same time.
method 2: tip them all the way forward so the tips point down.

also put a layer of grease on the slide rails.

Reactions: 5304

·
Registered
503 Posts
method 1: push the top and bottom at the same time.
method 2: tip them all the way forward so the tips point down.

also put a layer of grease on the slide rails.
I thought the grease thing might be one answer. Thanks for tip all the way forward.

Great help

By the way they fit fit perfectly.

Thank you

Reactions: johnH123 and 5304

·
Registered
301 Posts
The trick I have found that works with my own forks and even forks on the big wheel loaders at work:

Lift up just to the front of the 90* bend with your right arm and slide the forks with your left. After a couple of times you will find the right balance of lift and slide. I watch guys twice my size struggle to slide the forks at work and then I move the other one effortlessly... I tell them work smarter it harder. Grease is great, until you get it all over you and whatever you are lifting.

Reactions: johnH123

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have the 48" Titan pallet forks. I bought them on Amazon. And I use the pallet forks almost every day and am very pleased with them.

I built a 4 ft x 4 ft x 2 ft box with a drop front that I pick up with the forks. I use it to collect all the limbs, roots, and other stuff I am clearing from my pastures. When it's full, I take it to a burn site about a mile away. Works like about half a pickup bed reversed, except I'm able to dump it (I use a strap to hold it to the pallet fork frame frame).

I also use the forks to unload building materials and freight delivered for my new barn construction. Some of the cabinets come on 4 x 6 pallets that have to be lifted from the short end rather than across, so I'm happy with the extra stability of the 48 inch forks vs the shorter ones. I also use the forks to lift fallen trees off the grounf to cut them into long sections. I carry a stack of these sections on the forks down the road to the burn site as well.

The Titan forks I received are well made and are a good value for their cost.

I also have a Titan ballast box which is not as well made as their pallet forks. The ballast box arrived looking like something assembled on a Monday by someone who'd had a rough weekend. It took a little work with a sledge, drill, and MIG welder to get the holes for the 3 point hitch to line up But I also had similar problems with a Frontier box blade. So it's not necessarily one brand that is good and one that's bad, it's more the skill and attitude of the assembler.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts