Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Titan makes a rather nifty ripper / subsoiler that attaches to a 3 point mounted receiver. I thought one would be handy so I ordered one …
When it arrived, I opened the box, and it looked quite capable of doing the job it was intended for.
The problem I ran into was when I went to attach the Ripper to my receiver hitch … I find the pin holes do not line up with the holes in a standard receiver tube.*
*(Not just my hitch receiver but in four others I tested) … Not even close … :dunno:

I promptly emailed customer service, and explained the problem. The person I talked to seemed to understand my dilemma, and offered to send a replacement …
free of charge …
Well … I'm ok with that, thinking the replacement would have the hole drilled in the proper location … WRONG!
It arrived looking exactly the same as the first Ripper …

* Evidently the person I chatted with at Titan didn't know 'ALL ?' their Rippers had the mounting holes in the wrong locations *… :think:
*(I googled "Titan Ripper Reviews" and find this problem was a common occurrence)

Rather than deal with Titan again, I went ahead and modified one of the Rippers by moving the pin hole over far enough to match the hole in the receiver, I also welded a second steel tube inside to strengthen the mounting tube.
Problem solved, and the Ripper does work very well, I might add ... I used it to pull up roots from around a stump .... :good2:

I now have TWO Rippers, and only need one …
SO ...
I would like to offer the spare Ripper either modified, or unmodified if someone wants to do their own "hole fix"

Anyone interested p.m. me.

G

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,888 Posts
"Some assembly required" :laugh:,:banghead:, :thumbup1gif:

Nice fix.

·
Registered
530 Posts
How deep can you rip with it?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How deep can you rip with it?
The 1025 pulled it easily with the 3 point all the way down ... I didn’t actually measure it, but I’d say 12” - 14”

G

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thank you. I am looking for something similar that will go at least 18" deep.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. I am looking for something similar that will go at least 18" deep.
This ripper may go that deep. It depends on how low your three point arms will go. I have my arms set up with shortened lift links so I can lift some of my other implements higher for more ground clearance. But doing this makes it so the arms don’t go as low as stock lift links would allow.

G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts