Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a number of titan attachments and they have all been great. I picked up the stump bucket this week and although it is built like a tank, the pins do not line up with the quick attach holes on the loader arms. I have subsequently found out this is a known issue. I have reached back out to titan to see what they will do. If I keep it, do you think it would hurt the function to grind down the pins to fit the hole? I also thought about cutting them off and welding them back on. Has anyone else ran into this?

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,470 Posts
Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
There are quite a few posts on here and other forums about Titans fitment and quality issues. I don’t think I’d grind them to fit. If you can cut them off and weld them back on would be better than grinding. Or send them back and purchase a stump bucket from a US manufacturer. The CRI stump bucket looks nice for small tractors.

·
Premium Member
12,712 Posts
Ah yes, the Titan "fit"...........

I wouldn't grind to fit. I would send it back and get one which fits.

If you do end up cutting and welding, I hope you insist on a concession on the price from Titan for the trouble.....

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I agree with SB on this, and I'll also say DO NOT grind anything that is a John Deere part. If you have problems at a later date and you've modified the FEL in any way, future issues, if any, will not be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
That part doesn’t get pulled very significantly as most of the stress is pushing. If you didn’t want the hassle I would think just grinding the male end on the Titan to fit your loader frame would be fine. If it didn’t work then you can cut them off and weld new ones.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
The problem with welding is the pins need to be welded on the front side of the plate. If you weld on the back side(side facing loader arms the weld fillet will hit the mount before the pin is through the hole enough for the linch pin.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
I'd probably just take my plasma cuter and cut a square out around the pin. Put the pin in the hole latch down, then equipment on tractor spot weld back and then remove and weld up the plate. I've had to modify tons of equipment.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Contact Titan customer service. Since their garbage products have this problem all the time, many many people have gotten partial refunds in exchange for just modifying it yourself to fix it rather than sending it back for a replacement. If you have the skill and equipment to fix it, that is great, but you deserve at least a partial refund because of their garbage quality control. And they will give you that refund.

Btw, what does it tell you about how much it cost them to manufacture this junk? they have so many manufacturing defects that they are willy-nilly taking return shipments and sending replacements or refunding money constantly everyday. And yet still remain a profitable company in business. It speaks volumes about their company. They have literally made a lack of quality control a business model.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have already reached out to them. This is the fifth attachement I have purchased from them. All have been flawless except this. I live about an hour from their warehouse. I should have read reviews on this before purchasing. Other than the pins, it is built like a tank.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I'd probably just take my plasma cuter and cut a square out around the pin. Put the pin in the hole latch down, then equipment on tractor spot weld back and then remove and weld up the plate. I've had to modify tons of equipment.
This is a brand new attachment- why would you waste your time fixing something they can’t build right in a factory? Modifying old used equipment is to be expected. A brand new JDQA attachment that doesn’t fit right out of the box? Send it back.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Suppose you could pay the freight and send it back?
From Titans website about warranty claims-
If a defect in material or workmanship is found in any Product covered by this limited warranty within the specified Warranty Coverage period, Titan will reimburse/pay for the repair or replacement of the Product as described in the Reimbursement provisions below, and subject to the limitations described in the Limitations of Reimbursement section of this limited warranty.

The Limited Warranty shall not extend to any Product that has been subjected to the following:

• accident, damage, negligence, abuse or misuse
  • improper assembly, installation and/or maintenance (if applicable),
  • abnormal operating conditions
  • alteration or modification
  • a purpose or application in any way different from that for which it was designed
  • General wear of a Product due to normal use is to be expected and does not give rise to any warranty claim
Their warranty doesn’t seem too good. It looks like if you modify it without Titans consent your warranty is void. They may ship you another one or give you a partial refund to get this one repaired. Their stump bucket is listed at $569.99. The CRI is listed at $750 with free shipping. That’s only $180 difference which seems reasonable.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
CRI.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This would be a refund me asap thing for me. I am new to the tractor world and my thoughts are it better work and that means it also better fricken fit!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts