Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,609 Posts
There are quite a few posts on here and other forums about Titans fitment and quality issues. I don’t think I’d grind them to fit. If you can cut them off and weld them back on would be better than grinding. Or send them back and purchase a stump bucket from a US manufacturer. The CRI stump bucket looks nice for small tractors.

· Registered
4,609 Posts
I'd probably just take my plasma cuter and cut a square out around the pin. Put the pin in the hole latch down, then equipment on tractor spot weld back and then remove and weld up the plate. I've had to modify tons of equipment.
This is a brand new attachment- why would you waste your time fixing something they can’t build right in a factory? Modifying old used equipment is to be expected. A brand new JDQA attachment that doesn’t fit right out of the box? Send it back.

· Registered
4,609 Posts
Suppose you could pay the freight and send it back?
From Titans website about warranty claims-
If a defect in material or workmanship is found in any Product covered by this limited warranty within the specified Warranty Coverage period, Titan will reimburse/pay for the repair or replacement of the Product as described in the Reimbursement provisions below, and subject to the limitations described in the Limitations of Reimbursement section of this limited warranty.

The Limited Warranty shall not extend to any Product that has been subjected to the following:

• accident, damage, negligence, abuse or misuse
  • improper assembly, installation and/or maintenance (if applicable),
  • abnormal operating conditions
  • alteration or modification
  • a purpose or application in any way different from that for which it was designed
  • General wear of a Product due to normal use is to be expected and does not give rise to any warranty claim
Their warranty doesn’t seem too good. It looks like if you modify it without Titans consent your warranty is void. They may ship you another one or give you a partial refund to get this one repaired. Their stump bucket is listed at $569.99. The CRI is listed at $750 with free shipping. That’s only $180 difference which seems reasonable.

· Registered
4,609 Posts
Not a good company to knowingly ship a faulty product that will not fit its intended application without modification. They must buy these attachments for next to nothing and sell them just a little bit less than an actual well made quality product. I feel for the small fabrication companies that make a high quality product that have to compete with this imported junk. We all should support them as much as possible when there are alternatives to cheap low quality Chinese products. For folks who buy a premium brand of tractor (JD or the orange stuff) and try to save a few dollars on an attachment doesn't make sense to me.

· Registered
4,609 Posts
It's easy to bash the Chinees till you check your Dell computer...tear down what your thought was American made and find the Chinees bearing....check a lot of the compact tractors and see South Korean origin...check all your PTO equipment and find it was European Based....from Italy....Tractor technology as been all over the world since day one....
I’m typing this on my Chinese made iPhone that works just fine and is a high quality product. I am not aware of any US made cell phones. Sometimes you have no choice on where products or parts are made or assembled. Other times you do have choices. My cast iron loader masts on my tractor have a big “Made in China” stamp on them. I don’t have any options in that case. When I can find US made products that will generally be my first choice whenever possible. If I’m supporting a smaller business that’s even better. If that business is close to where I live that’s even more better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.