Green Tractor Talk banner

Titan stump bucket alignment

6753 Views 51 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Rule292
I have purchased a number of titan attachments and they have all been great. I picked up the stump bucket this week and although it is built like a tank, the pins do not line up with the quick attach holes on the loader arms. I have subsequently found out this is a known issue. I have reached back out to titan to see what they will do. If I keep it, do you think it would hurt the function to grind down the pins to fit the hole? I also thought about cutting them off and welding them back on. Has anyone else ran into this?
Reactions: Jimmy Walker
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
If you are that close, I'd just take it back. Get good cross measurements on the loader using the lift rod to the pins, top to bottom, side to side and diagonal then insist the new one work with those measurements plus an allowance for your time and travel.

My guess is that Titan buys from several Chinese mfg which are small shops. Some are working off good data, some are "not quite right". Those probably flow though a Chinese consolidator and Titan may not know what they are getting from one shipment to the next. You've been fortunate with the others, this one was not quite right but it's probably the luck of the draw.

Treefarmer
I have already reached out to them. This is the fifth attachement I have purchased from them. All have been flawless except this. I live about an hour from their warehouse. I should have read reviews on this before purchasing. Other than the pins, it is built like a tank.
Reactions: SulleyBear
if you can weld, try to get 33% refund. I did this on my damaged Hot Water Heat Exchanger. It was too easy. I actually wished I would have asked for a 50% refund since it was so easy for them to agree to 40%.
Reactions: Treefarmer
I have someone that can cut and weld the pins for $50. I’m going to try and get titan to discount the unit then get it fixed. If not I will take it back.
I spoke to titan. The said I could either return it for a full refund or have it repaired and they will compensate me for the cost. They said replacing it was not an option. They know this is an issue. I have sent them an invoice and await an answer
Reactions: Jimmy Walker
So you can send it back for a full refund, but if you still want the product, you have to buy a new one yourself? LOL. This company is just an abysmal example of how to conduct business. Sell a garbage product, then provide really responsive customer service shifting the work onto the customer to resolve problems, then count your money.
I spoke to titan. The said I could either return it for a full refund or have it repaired and they will compensate me for the cost. They said replacing it was not an option. They know this is an issue. I have sent them an invoice and await an answer
Send it back, take the refund, learn from the lesson, then buy a CRI stump bucket. They have two (2) sizes. Buy the smaller size for the 1 series.

Cold Roll Industrial – Home
that's a tough decision. it depends on how soon you need it vs turn around time.
if you repair it, be sure to buy a tall can of yellow paint and they pay for that, too.
Best not to buy this type equipment. Their jigs are just not up to standards and there are several sytle arms these are trying to fit. I've heard some of this equipment maybe Chineese and if so I'm sure it may or may not be up to Deere specs....
I don't agree with a repair. All you've done at that point is justify shoddy work and a problem they are aware of that has existed for well over a year. Total BS on their part.
if you do the repair, it may be worth not only the yellow paint, but get a spare pin from somewhere, incase it is better than the chopped-off pin. i'd probably just repair it since I typically have issues with an implement when I'm wanting to use it like "right now".
Yeah the problem is needing it now. I have contractors coming tomorrow.
Well in that case, send it back and also send them an invoice for the mini excavator you now have to go rent to get the job done in a time. I'm they won't pay that though. The even crappier thing, when you send it back to them, they will probably just turn around and ship to the next guy who buys one.
I wish you lived closer. You could use mine as long as you need it.
Reactions: MachoDrone
Yet they still keep selling them. Integrity? Yeah...NO.

Best not to buy this type equipment. Their jigs are just not up to standards and there are several sytle arms these are trying to fit. I've heard some of this equipment maybe Chineese and if so I'm sure it may or may not be up to Deere specs....
No "maybe" about it MM.

This is what was posted on their website "about us" page years ago, where do you think the "containers" are from?

Titan's new marketing slogan.......
Ship em till it fits..........

I can just hear the 12 y.o. who welded that bucket mount now......."Muss be krooked twactor"............."quose enough, quose enough"........
I've got a set of their forks and haven't had a problem with them...but items can be different...I have mostly Deere/Frontier/Dirt Dog items.
He still hasn't noticed the end broke off of his tape measure.

I can just hear the 12 y.o. who welded that bucket mount now......."Muss be krooked twactor"............."quose enough, quose enough"........
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: TEARS!

Titan refunded $170. I spent twenty minutes grinding down the pegs and it fits fine. This will be the last thing I purchase from titan. I dug out two stumps this afternoon. It did great but I need more ballast.
I’m on my second one they both didn’t line up top or bottom points. The first one multiple welds broke and it was on a 2320. Not like a huge machine. They show it can be used up to 40hp I think.
they replaced it and I use it on my 4310 and I had welds starting to crack. I had someone weld it up.
he said it was probably welded with a robot
I won’t buy from them again

I have purchased a number of titan attachments and they have all been great. I picked up the stump bucket this week and although it is built like a tank, the pins do not line up with the quick attach holes on the loader arms. I have subsequently found out this is a known issue. I have reached back out to titan to see what they will do. If I keep it, do you think it would hurt the function to grind down the pins to fit the hole? I also thought about cutting them off and welding them back on. Has anyone else ran into this? View attachment 779633 View attachment 779634
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.