Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
They at first said to bring it some where and have it welded and they would compensate the cost and I said what about my time and fuel. Will you still guarantee the warranty after?
let me talk to my manager, We will ship you a new one.

· Premium Member
2,885 Posts
I'll bet the new one won't fit either which is probably why they were pushing for a fix

Reactions: trav

· Registered
4,609 Posts
Not a good company to knowingly ship a faulty product that will not fit its intended application without modification. They must buy these attachments for next to nothing and sell them just a little bit less than an actual well made quality product. I feel for the small fabrication companies that make a high quality product that have to compete with this imported junk. We all should support them as much as possible when there are alternatives to cheap low quality Chinese products. For folks who buy a premium brand of tractor (JD or the orange stuff) and try to save a few dollars on an attachment doesn't make sense to me.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Really has nothing to do with buying a premium tractor and trying to save a few dollars. Like I said, I have purchased other attachments from them and and they have been great and still working great.

· Premium Member
14,701 Posts

· Premium Member
2,101 Posts
It's easy to bash the Chinees till you check your Dell computer...tear down what your thought was American made and find the Chinees bearing....check a lot of the compact tractors and see South Korean origin...check all your PTO equipment and find it was European Based....from Italy....Tractor technology as been all over the world since day one....

· Administrator
25,326 Posts
It's easy to bash the Chinees till you check your Dell computer...tear down what your thought was American made and find the Chinees bearing....check a lot of the compact tractors and see South Korean origin...check all your PTO equipment and find it was European Based....from Italy....Tractor technology as been all over the world since day one....
Yes it has....to some extent, but I'd bet you wouldn't find much China stuff on an old John Deere A or B, or on Ferguson, or 8N.
BUT if you are a company that buys from China, you can certainly choose what level of quality you want. Take a tool sold by Harbor Freight, Grizzly, and Baileigh Industrial. All are of the same basic design and very well may be made on the same assembly lines, but Baileigh will have reps there make sure to only take the best ones, Grizzly may take the second best, and HF will take the cheapest they can get. Baileigh and Grizzly will also offer part support should you need it, every try to buy a "part" for a tool for HF?

It's just not about being made in China, there are a lot of things simply not made here, but it is about importing a quality product that does what it supposed to do, and standing behind it when/if it fails. Any company selling product with known issues like this and then telling the customer to go find someone to fix it is just wrong - no one can defend that. And like said before, good companies have to compete against that.

· Premium Member
2,101 Posts
Kennyd: agreed junk is junk whether US made or Foreign made. At lot of knock off's these days. Price seems to still be king with a lot of folks. When is was an insurance agent for 35 years, tried to measure the risk and have premiums according with proper underwriting. The bad agents let the sweet smell of commissions overcome the stinch of the risk. Most of them didn't last long. Same with any product or service.

· Registered
4,609 Posts
I’m typing this on my Chinese made iPhone that works just fine and is a high quality product. I am not aware of any US made cell phones. Sometimes you have no choice on where products or parts are made or assembled. Other times you do have choices. My cast iron loader masts on my tractor have a big “Made in China” stamp on them. I don’t have any options in that case. When I can find US made products that will generally be my first choice whenever possible. If I’m supporting a smaller business that’s even better. If that business is close to where I live that’s even more better.

· Premium Member
2,101 Posts
a few years ago I received a catalogue with only U.S. Made items. From reviewing many retailers they have advised me in the past that there was not much mark up on U.S. Made products and profits were much easier on the overseas items. U.S. Made especially with union labor was much higher and lower mark up. Probably by now there is very little limited manufacturing in this country. It's a global economy.

· Premium Member
14,701 Posts
It's a global economy.
If it is a global economy, we better be contributing as much or more to it than we are consuming. If we continue to buy more than we sell, there isn't going to be much economy.

Many of us are hypocrites. We want the least expensive stuff we can buy and will even except lower quality to get it, but when it comes to our trade, we want the highest rate we can get for our labor.

Shopping by price alone will eventually have a cost we can't afford, because someone will be shopping you out of a job.

Pay attention to where your money goes. In many cases, all to much of it goes and never comes back.

· Registered
2,401 Posts
It's just not about being made in China, there are a lot of things simply not made here, but it is about importing a quality product that does what it supposed to do, and standing behind it when/if it fails. Any company selling product with known issues like this and then telling the customer to go find someone to fix it is just wrong - no one can defend that. And like said before, good companies have to compete against that.
I work with offshore teams in a completely different industry.

It takes a LOT of onshore babysitting and QA to manage the massive amount of work that goes on in places like China or India.

Sadly, only large corporations like automakers, tech/pharma, or Deere seem to be able to have the large staff (or the financial wherewithall) required to do this. And even they have tons of quality control issues with complex things like wiring harnesses or machined pumps and the like.

Which leads back to the old adage - you can compete on quality or price but not both.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.