Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week I received a stump bucket from Titan. I tried attaching it yesterday. The male pins (I'm not sure of the correct terminology) do not fit in the female holes (again, not sure of the correct terminology). The pins are not at the correct distance to be able to fit on my JDQA. Has anyone experienced this? I did call Titan yesterday and they are shipping out a replacement.
IMG_5866.jpg IMG_5867.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
807 Posts
When I ordered Titan's pallet forks (palletforks.com), I was worried about the pins fitting but fortunately mine are perfect. I have a few other attachments from them and they also fit fine.

Titan's customer service is pretty good, in my limited experience. I see that they're sending you a new one...what do they want you to do with the defective one that it's replacing?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem with Titan fork frames. They sent me two that had the pins in the wrong place and opted to give me a refund rather than sending a third.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Too bad you’re so far away ... I could fix that for you. :good2:

G

·
Administrator
17,054 Posts
It's just crazy that this continues to be an issue with Titan products after all these years. :unknown:

·
Registered
7,868 Posts
It's just crazy that this continues to be an issue with Titan products after all these years. :unknown:
Trying to remember the last time a GTT member's new purchased implement was shipped and failed to meet the JDQA loader fitment.........Nope, other than Titan, I Can't think of a single case or another brand which has experienced this, let alone over and over.... but I have seen this on Titan forks at least half a dozen times.

When the very basic is difficult for someone to achieve, I can't help but wonder about the bigger picture of overall quality. Kenny, what would be the correct way to remedy this, cut the mounting plates off and re-weld them to the forks?

·
Administrator
17,054 Posts
Kenny, what would be the correct way to remedy this, cut the mounting plates off and re-weld them to the forks?
Return for refund, buy from another company that can get it right the first time, every time :lolol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,642 Posts
Trying to remember the last time a GTT member's new purchased implement was shipped and failed to meet the JDQA loader fitment.........Nope, other than Titan, I Can't think of a single case or another brand which has experienced this, let alone over and over.... but I have seen this on Titan forks at least half a dozen times.

When the very basic is difficult for someone to achieve, I can't help but wonder about the bigger picture of overall quality. Kenny, what would be the correct way to remedy this, cut the mounting plates off and re-weld them to the forks?
I really believe Titan has to know about these problems. Titan sells them knowing some end users will correct the issue at no cost to Titan.

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts
I think Titan sources from the cheapest Chinese manufacturers they can get and sells them to the consumer. They are simply a middleman with no actual fabrication capabilities. I seriously doubt they know what the standards are for many implements such as QH and JDQA. I’ll bet they just rely on the factory to do all of that work. Slap some stickers on it and ship it out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got a set of forks from them... they arrived a bit beat up, they took off some cash for me, and they fit fine. Happy customer here.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Return for refund, buy from another company that can get it right the first time, every time :lolol:
Kenny, your logic is tough to disagree with. However, I talked to my local dealer (where I purchased my tractor, too) and searched online for a JDQA stump bucket for a 1025R. The dealer couldn't come up with one nor could I find one online besides this one. If you have other options, please let me know what they are. Thanks!

·
Registered
807 Posts
I got a set of forks from them... they arrived a bit beat up, they took off some cash for me, and they fit fine. Happy customer here.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm happy too, and a little relieved. My pallet forks came nicely strapped down on a pallet with the frame well-boxed, except where the 4 pins poked through the box. Lift-gate service right to my drive, and free. I'm pleased that I was able to save so much money over the cost of similar-but-lighter forks, but I went into it knowing that I was buying a cut-rate piece of hardware and that such items at that price point are usually that cheap because corners have been cut somewhere. Buying from such companies tend to be kind of a crap shoot, but so far with that company and the relatively simple stuff I've bought from them, I've come out a winner. I doubt that I'd push that luck to extend to something with an actual mechanism like a grapple, and I'd probably make a different choice if I was using these attachments on a professional level, but so far my experience with Titan Attachments in my relatively simple application has been positive.

·
Administrator
17,054 Posts
Kenny, your logic is tough to disagree with. However, I talked to my local dealer (where I purchased my tractor, too) and searched online for a JDQA stump bucket for a 1025R. The dealer couldn't come up with one nor could I find one online besides this one. If you have other options, please let me know what they are. Thanks!

Top of the line would be the Artillian modular system and add the "Front Hoe Bucket" they make:

https://www.artillian.com/product/front-hoe-bucket/

This is a new player on the market, no personal experience but the Facebook reviews and activity is very positive:

https://coldrollindustrial.com/products/compact-tractor-stump-buckets/

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Too bad you’re so far away ... I could fix that for you. :good2:

G
The Titan rep asked me if I wanted a partial refund and for me to fix it myself. I do not have the equipment or the skills to do that.

I am envious of people like you and a lot of other talented people on this forum.

Here may be an option for you ...you could come here to MN and pick it up, repair and return it back to MN and just send the bill to Titan....I'm sure they'd be OK with that. :lolol: Or just come over, anytime, for some libations and BBQ!

FWIW, I just tapped a Watermelon Kolsch today. That makes a Stout, Watermelon Kolsch, Czech Pilsner and Speckled Heifer (Spotted Cow clone) on tap now. :bigbeer: I have a Petite Saison, a regular Kolsch, a Kama Citra IPA, a Belgian Strong Ale and a back-up Stout all kegged and "ready to carbonate and consume."

Kegerator.jpg Kegerator 2.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,522 Posts
Their labor costs are lower than proper setup and QC.

Quantity not quality.

Just for a moment consider that the original manufacturer is making a profit selling to Titian who is also making a profit. Do the math backwards, subtract material, tools and shipping then think what the guy with the welder is making.

We didn't abolish slavery. We didn't improve workplace conditions. We didn't mitigate pollution.

We just exported it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Their labor costs are lower than proper setup and QC.

Quantity not quality.

Just for a moment consider that the original manufacturer is making a profit selling to Titian who is also making a profit. Do the math backwards, subtract material, tools and shipping then think what the guy with the welder is making.

We didn't abolish slavery. We didn't improve workplace conditions. We didn't mitigate pollution.

We just exported it.
In the meantime, that welder making $5 per hour in China is the richest guy in his neighborhood.

It's all relative.

·
Registered
7,868 Posts

I was thinking more about how the next guy who gets these forks will be able to tell from their appearance IF they were "modified" to fit . More than likely, Titan just keeps playing the odds that the person who gets them will have the ability to modify these themselves and just deal with a cost adjustment for the customer to have it done locally.

Either that or out behind their facility, they have a pile implements that don't fit.....waiting for a massive Titan "scratched, dented or Don't Fit" Sale.:laugh:

Real Customer service starts with properly checking the stuff they are selling to make sure its right BEFORE it ships. It's surprising to me how much some people are willing to put up with in order to save some money initially on their purchase.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I was thinking more about how the next guy who gets these forks will be able to tell from their appearance IF they were "modified" to fit . More than likely, Titan just keeps playing the odds that the person who gets them will have the ability to modify these themselves and just deal with a cost adjustment for the customer to have it done locally.

Either that or out behind their facility, they have a pile implements that don't fit.....waiting for a massive Titan "scratched, dented or Don't Fit" Sale.:laugh:

Real Customer service starts with properly checking the stuff they are selling to make sure its right BEFORE it ships. It's surprising to me how much some people are willing to put up with in order to save some money initially on their purchase.
My brother would always say "Buy cheap, buy twice". One of the few things he was ever right about! :laugh: :hide:

My one buying experience with Titan was so bad that I will NEVER do it again. Bad enough that the thing I bought was basically supposed to be a FLAT piece of steel - that wasn't flat!! :banghead: Unanswered phone calls and emails. I finally got ahold of them by using their sales chat utility. Then I had to argue with them that a piece of steel that was supposed to be flat and that wasn't, in fact, flat was a defective product. NEVER again.

·
Registered
807 Posts
.... More than likely, Titan just keeps playing the odds that the person who gets them will have the ability to modify these themselves and just deal with a cost adjustment for the customer to have it done locally.

Absolutely correct. The corner-cutting that is inevitable with any bargain-basement price-point manufacturing always begins with the quality-assurance process. Next in that line is acceptance of lower tolerances in the finished product. IOW, they don't check a finished item nearly as often (if at all), and if they do, they have lower spec compliance tolerances for what they will ship to the customer. If you're a manufacturer, it's always cheaper to let the customer do your QA. That appears to be a business model that works for some companies such as Titan Attachments.

·
Premium Member
7,522 Posts
In the meantime, that welder making $5 per hour in China is the richest guy in his neighborhood.

It's all relative.
I think he is probably making $5 a day.

What is relative if it is your paycheck or someone else's.

My mother always told me to treat someone else like you would want to be treated.

I take that to mean that I should not accept someone else's misfortune for my gain.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts