Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After changing the plugs in my Van I decided it's time to buy a set of three Titan 5 degree fine tooth ratchets, Titans are made in Tiwan the reviewer says. I also ordered their fine tooth 3/8 and 1/2" extended handle ratchets too. I'll give a report on quality and pictures when I get them. My Rong Fu Mill is from Tiwan, and it's quality is top shelf, I 'm hoping these ratchets are just and nice.

I also bought a set of three 7 degree Stanley ratchets too, their probably made in China no doubt... but what you gonna do...I bees a poor boy.. I don't use my tools that often or to make a living with so there is no pay back buying expensive hand tools in my situation.

http://www.amazon.com/Titan-18025-3..._1?ie=UTF8&s=industrial&qid=1309974942&sr=8-1

·
Banned
747 Posts
I buy a fair amount of tools from Princessauto, they are Canada's answer to Harbor Fright, er Freight. Almost all the tools are Asian, but the vast majority are good quality, and Princess has a return policy as long as ypu own the tool. Really a no brainer for me.

After changing the plugs in my Van I decided it's time to buy a set of three Titan 5 degree fine tooth ratchets, Titans are made in Tiwan the reviewer says. I also ordered their fine tooth 3/8 and 1/2" extended handle ratchets too. I'll give a report on quality and pictures when I get them. My Rong Fu Mill is from Tiwan, and it's quality is top shelf, I 'm hoping these ratchets are just and nice.

I also bought a set of three 7 degree Stanley ratchets too, their probably made in China no doubt... but what you gonna do...I bees a poor boy.. I don't use my tools that often or to make a living with so there is no pay back buying expensive hand tools in my situation.

http://www.amazon.com/Titan-18025-3..._1?ie=UTF8&s=industrial&qid=1309974942&sr=8-1

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I buy a fair amount of tools from Princessauto, they are Canada's answer to Harbor Fright, er Freight. Almost all the tools are Asian, but the vast majority are good quality, and Princess has a return policy as long as ypu own the tool. Really a no brainer for me.
Me to dell. I can't afford the best in everything, when I can save a buck I have too..

I have had good luck with certain HF tools... My chain fall is still working fine and it's from the middle 70's. I also have had no problems with their right angle drill. I don't need one that often and for as cheap as they are it's nice to have one on hand. I buy HF paint brushes for the shop and for cleaning chips of the machines and most of my sockets and hand wrenches are Pittsburg, some are from the 70's and they still look and work as good as my craftsman tools.

I also like HF plugs, I have 10 sets on hand, can't beat their price, quality and ease of putting them together, I don't think I paid $2.00 a piece for either the males or females.

Got my chain today , it's nice chain, for some jobs a nylon tow strap isn't the best choice. Now that I got the new chain you watch the old chain will show up.
did

I also bought a NAPA spark plug boot puller... we tried it out tonight, it did make pulling the boots easier.

Got the wires on and the plugs changed on the right bank tonight but it's still not running as it should. I'm thinking autozone in the next few days, I started off for there tonight but forgot to take the battery wrench with me so I can dump the codes when they pull it into the shop. If they scan it now it would cost more to fix it than buy a new van.

heres some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brian I just got an email from Amazon today the 3 piece set was shipped to me, I expect to get them sometime in the middle of next week. They don't have the other tools I ordered in stock. I'll be sure let those interested in them what I think of them an show some pictures. I dig the offset handles, looks like they are going to be comfortable to pull on too. we will see. :good2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts