Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to show this recently acquired item....it is really remarkable....believe the manufacturer got it right....I had a previous attachment similar but it was wide in front with teeth and wouldn't do the job needed with the compact tractor. This one has the sharp pointed shaft and is a devil on roots and getting under the trunks of trees....I have the 1025r backhoe which is good to dig a stump pit then work dirt off into pit...but this thing is the item that will move the dirt to the pit and loosen the roots. It will literally just pull a small tree up by its root. The snout or whatever you call it acts as pry point. Really pleased. For my compact I took the plasma cutter and removed the lower points so the bucket will slide on the ground. It is also excellent for getting under fallen trees and lifting and pulling. Wanted to pass along.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
Which Titan?

Reactions: greenharley

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
That tooth/point thing you seem to like so much-I’m very surprised it hasn’t bent yet... must be tougher than it looks!

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, it's tough U.S.A. made....looks like it's a beam design.....must be like spring material

·
Premium Member
9,680 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
yep, it's tough U.S.A. made....looks like it's a beam design.....must be like spring material
Titan Attachments does have a substantial line of attachments made in the USA, but they are sold by their United Attachments division and all have the prefix UA in front of the model number. JDSTUMPLW indicates that that it's made in China. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that. I have a few items I've bought from PalletForks.com and have found them to be just fine...durable and extremely cost-effective.

I would be tempted to reinforce the nose of that thing though...

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MacCool: How would you go about reinforcing the noze? Hate to fix a problem that has existed....seems like post Admin a fan of the Titan....maybe they're not an advertiser....I'm still high on product....

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
MacCool: How would you go about reinforcing the noze? Hate to fix a problem that has existed....seems like post Admin a fan of the Titan....maybe they're not an advertiser....I'm still high on product....
I'd cut a piece of 4 or 4 inch wide steel down to the same shape and size as the bevel on the bucket tip and grind it down to the same bevel, then I'd bolt it down to the bucket.

I'm curious....the Titan stump bucket in the post that KennyD referenced above was made with the lower pins welded in the wrong place and Titan allowed as how that batch was all that way. They took them off the market for awhile. I'm wondering if your has evidence of cut and re-welded lower mounting pins....

·
Premium Member
9,680 Posts
First, if it is working and you like it, what is to fix?

Second, if it is a good product, it should be well engineered and not need modification.

Unless I am buying something used, or even worse - homemade buy some hack with a welder, I expect the product to perform its intended purpose.

If the hoe bucket is worth the dollars you spent and you use properly, you shouldn't have a problem.

If it fails it is your call, warranty or workshop.

Till then, dig on.

You will find there are several of us that are not chinese titan fans. It isn't because they don't advertise on the site.

Some members are also designers, engineers, manufacturers and vendors that take pride in their craft.

Others, like me, are just old fashion Americans that take pride in our country and prefer to support those mentioned in the sentence above.

Glad you like your new hoe bucket. :good2:

Reactions: ch612 and EVT

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Hmmm...I guess they must have gotten a new shipment in that actually fits unlike mine that I ordered back a few months ago. Definitely Chinese, not US made. Ended up returning it and going with the CRI stump bucket, which is US made. Very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pins fit like a glove....I did take plasma cutter and remove the lower pin so it would fit level with the ground.....at this point I see no need to add anything additional to the bottom....however I suppose I would add another sleeve of steel if needed....I do believe the point being razor sharp might be a factor in cutting....per tag it appeared to be U.S. but some of you know better. It's being used with a John Deere which is assembled with parts all over world, was fetched with a Toyota. Suppose I'm the only American thing around this place?

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
before I bought the unit...I looked at palletforks.com and then to the Titan attachments. The web page shows Titan attachments are U.S.A. made....I suppose it could be "fake web information". This unit is yellow with retail around $541.00 I bought it from a dealer who buys from a distributor. The web site shows this unit sold out. Best info I had.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts