Green Tractor Talk banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I have the JD 3 bag setup on my X740.

However I am sure getting tired of it plugging up and I have really been thinking about maybe getting something setup for the 2038R or 3039R to take over the leaf clean up work via one of these nice PTO driven collection systems.

I also really like how you can use the tractors hydraulics to dump it as well.

I noticed in my JDF statement a thank you flyer earlier this month, that there was a picture in the upper right hand corner of what looks like a cab 3R with a green painted JD version of the what looks identical to this TKV 20. However I cant seem to find this JD/Frontier collection system anywhere on the JD website. Anyone have any info on this. Does Terra king make a version of their TKV 20 for JD/Frontier ?

·
Registered
351 Posts
When I ordered mine, they were going through the process of getting it approved as a John Deere part. I would assume that's close to complete, or is complete, and what you are seeing is a picture of the final product that hasn't quite hit the market yet. If they are sending out pictures of it though, I would assume it will be offered this year.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I don't know that I even have an option to buy a TKV branded version locally, but I have 5 JD options in a 50-60 mile range of my place .

If that is the case, then that is good news.

My new 17' batwing finish mower is a frontier but it was made by woods.

I think this would have to be a great move on TKs part being available in every JD dealer nation wide. That would have to be huge deal for them, just have a major expansion in dealer base for their products.

What sort of price point are these TKV20s coming in at ? I would assume somewhere in the $2-4K range.

·
Registered
351 Posts
You can order direct from Terra King, with shipping mine was just shy of 4400 dollars, but I'm in Washington state and they are in Pennsylvania.

Terra King and Superior Tech are divisions of the same company (my invoice from Terra King is on Superior Tech letterhead) and they are already a JD supplier. They produce the MCS20, the collection system for the x5XX and x7XX garden tractors which already bears the JD logo.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Interesting Looks like the MCS 14 might also be one of their TKs products that is compatable with the system I already have on my X740. Wouldn't like resolve any of the the plugging problems since it is fed the same. But it would allow me to unload the thing without getting off the tractor, which that would be a plus. However as the terrain changes I do tend to drag the canvas bags not sure what would happen when the MCS 14 hit the ground.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Do they make the TKV 20 PTO model for a 3R?

My 72" Deck is currently mounted on my 3039R. I suspect I could get the bracket kits from JD to move it over to our 2038R.
But thinking about it, would be nice having the benefits of the cab in the winter when I am typically cleaning up the leaves.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The TKV 20 doesn't have any special mounting brackets, it's a 3 point hitch implement. The only thing that might be different than your 3 series is the wiring, but that's not too hard to get figured. You would also need the boot kit for your 72 inch deck, but terra king sells that as well. You would just have to make sure that the boot they sell for the 2 series 72 inch deck will fit the 3 series deck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just bought my tkv20 through my local JD dealer in NY. That said, the dealer didn’t know that superior tech and terraking were the same company, there almost got me the mcs20 until I explained the differences. It took about an hour and they got it figured out. Took only 3 days after ordering it and I had it in my garage.

·
Registered
140 Posts
BTW, the dump is electric, not hydraulic. The unit is 3 point hitch mounted and runs off a 540 rpm PTO. You order a wiring kit when you buy the unit for your tractor. I would ask terraking via the form on their site if they have the harness for your specific machine.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Here is a pic of that flyer I was talking about that came in my JDF bill.

·
Registered
351 Posts
That is not a TKV20, that is a hydraulic high- lift clamshell mcs, last I checked they were only available in Europe, not the US market.

Here's one on an x740 in the UK, can't remember the brand off the top of my head, and they don't list it.

Edit: I'm not sure if this is legal, but here is a thread on that bagger over on another tractor forum with better pictures:

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Ah, the cab tractor was making that thing look a little different.
Actually I too had tried to buy one of those maybe 6-7 years ago for my X740.

Ran into the same issue, not available here in the US. Which I too thought was dumb on JDs part. Looks like one heck of a nice attachment.

That's when I ended settling for the only thing JD offered which is the the 3 bag JD MCS that I still have on my X740 and it still loves to plug up and smoke the belts. LOL. I would like to upgrade to that mcs from TK but I just hate that belt driven blower setup. That PTO TKV 20 just looks so much better.

Do any of you ever have issues with plugging up the PTO drive TKV20s?

I plugged that system on X740 probably 5 times last weekend.
Had smoke coming off the belts at least twice. Really wanting to find a better solution.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Ah, the cab tractor was making that thing look a little different.
Actually I too had tried to buy one of those maybe 6-7 years ago for my X740.

Ran into the same issue, not available here in the US. Which I too thought was dumb on JDs part. Looks like one heck of a nice attachment.

That's when I ended settling for only thing they offered which is the the 3 bag JD MCS that I still have on my X740 and it still loves to plug up and smoke the belts. LOL. I would like to upgrade to that mcs from TK but I just hate that belt driven blower setup. That PTO TKV 20 just looks so much better.

Do any of you ever have issues with plugging up the PTO drive TKV20s?

I plugged that system on X740 probably 5 times last weekend.
Had smoke coming off the belts at least twice. Really wanting to find a better solution.
No issues with plugging...at least for us.

You’ll love the TKV20. Don’t forget to mention TTWT for 5% discount!

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Thanks Tim.

I sent an email message to Terra King this morning asking if the TKV 20 was compatable with my 72D MMM on my cab 3039R or if I would have to get my 2038R setup for using my 72D mower deck, that is assuming that is even possible to use the same 72D mower deck on a 3R and 2R , I would assume I would simply need to add the linkages to the belly of the 2R to hook up to the 72D. If they are totally different mower decks between the 2R and 3R, not sure the cost of this works out.

That would get the price tag pushing the $10K mark, between buying another deck plus linkages and then the TKV 20.

Ideal would be that I could simply use the TKV 20 on my 3039R. The cab would be nice for this application. Much cleaner and much warmer. LOL

·
Registered
351 Posts
The only issues I have had with plugging is when I backed up with the blower on and the grass got sucked into the chute before the blades could cut it. But I was mowing this:

And it was only the chute that got clogged, not the blower.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The only issues I have had with plugging is when I backed up with the blower on and the grass got sucked into the chute before the blades could cut it. But I was mowing this:
View attachment 727906 View attachment 727907

And it was only the chute that got clogged, not the blower.
BTW, my understanding is that Terra King has a new chute (boot) available now which generates better airflow and suction. I haven’t received mine yet, but should have it in a week or so.

Tim

·
Registered
140 Posts
Tim,
Do you know how to tel the difference between the old and new? I just got my tkv20, have t even put the boot on yet.

·
Premium Member
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
BTW, my understanding is that Terra King has a new chute (boot) available now which generates better airflow and suction. I haven’t received mine yet, but should have it in a week or so.

Tim
HMM. Please post a photo of the change. I have clogged mine at the boot a few times when doing very large leaves. I have plugged the tube a couple times but only because I was trying to put in a little bit more when it was full.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm interested seeing the new redesigned boot as well. I wonder if it will help eliminate some of the blow out from the right side of the deck. I also clogged mine a couple of times last fall. After tightening the belt on the unit, I don't have anymore problems with clogging. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Tim,
Do you know how to tel the difference between the old and new? I just got my tkv20, have t even put the boot on yet.
I will post a photo when I get it...please remind me if you don’t see it in a couple of weeks!

I think it is supposed to have an air intake along the front side to allow better airflow up through the boot. Haven’t seen one.

Tim

61 - 80 of 80 Posts