Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lead on a front mounted broom that will fit my tractor. I can imagine a few uses for it - like clearing the occasional small snow fall that makes my driveway slippery, keeping leaves and debris off the driveway.

If you own a broom for your machine, do you find it useful? Are you glad you bought it or do you regret it?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
What size you looking at? I will be getting one for my 1025 this fall. I must put 100hrs on my skid steer broom each year. Snow/ Dethatching and cleaning up.

I san get a gently used quick hitch 60” HD broom used for about 2000$ here. For the amount I use them it’s well the investment

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
I have one on order now for my 2038r. Due in next week. I wanted one for along time and decide no time like the present.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Makes a great lawn dethatcher

I use a 54" broom on the front of a 1025 R TLB right before fall overseeding. It pulls up thatch nicely. As mentioned above, snow that is too light for a blower is broomed away. After edging, concrete sidewalks and pavers are brushed super clean sparing the need for power washing.

Ken R.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What size you looking at? I will be getting one for my 1025 this fall. I must put 100hrs on my skid steer broom each year. Snow/ Dethatching and cleaning up.

I san get a gently used quick hitch 60” HD broom used for about 2000$ here. For the amount I use them it’s well the investment
60" - Model 26. Asking price is $1500. I've not gone to look at it yet - still debating.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
A broom is one of those attachments that when you need it your glad you have it.Some guys have a snow blower that they say I've haven't used it in 2 years due to the mild winter,then they get dumped on and glad they have it because it was too much for the blade.A front mount thatcher is another,I dethatch every other year,a tow behind would be cheaper but having the PF and the front mount to get it done in one pass is nice.
I have come across many uses for one and been looking for a 52" broom for awhile and they go quick used and as soon as I get a new one there be a bunch for sale on CL.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
I have a 52" front mount broom for my 1025R and use it all the time for snow removal, much more than my snow blower or blade. I don't have too much stone driveway so I don't have allot of stone to sweep out of the yard, but it does work good for that also.

They use the same PTO assembly as a front mount snow blower, so you do need to have the front mount and mid PTO assembly installed to use it. This is one reason I rarely use mine to sweep my driveway during the spring a summer, easier to use a leaf blower.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a new 52" Broom for my 1025R. I ordered it with the dethatching kit. It works really well on the lawn but you have to have the float set just right in order to keep it from scalping the lawn. I just leave it on for the early winter snow which is lighter and then switch to the 54" Snow-Blower, then back to the Broom in late winter.

It's also good for cleaning the street lawn frontage in the spring from all the road treatment pushed to the grass by the town plows over the winter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts