Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tired of not being able to see the pallet forks when picking up a pallet. I couldn't tell if the forks were level or not so I added a back up camera. Camera is mounted to a magnet (from HF} and placed on the forks. The monitor is mounted to the loader frame. The unit I bought came with 2 cameras so I used the 2nd one for the rear. It works great. The camera and monitor can be disconnected and leave the wire harness in place so camera and monitor can be removed.
Also got tired of lifting the quick hitch and fighting with 3pt arms when switching out for the backhoe, so I made a dolly for the whole unit. just lower QH into the saddle then pull clips and pins and wheel away. Roll in place to reinstall no lifting.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Nice. The tips of my forks perfectly align with the top edge of the fork frame so I can never see the tips when they're at the ground level. Very annoying and I have many broken pallets to show for it.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
That's pretty ingenious idea. I like it 👍

·
Premium Member
12,669 Posts
Lot's of very good wireless camera's with monitors which support multiple camera's. All that is required is a 12V power source for the camera's and the monitor. No need to bother with the video cable or coax as the wireless signal is very clear. My camera will broadcast a crystal clear signal at least 85 feet from the camera to the monitor, which gives you a wide range of options. I have even dropped the video monitor a number of times and it keeps on working.

You might want to try a temporary mount on the monitor until you find where it works best for you. Between sun glare and keeping the monitor out of the way, you will likely try the monitor in a number of locations before you select one.

My system has a 7" monitor and its large enough to easily see and provide the detail which is helpful. I would avoid a monitor smaller than 7" as its going to limit where you can mount it and see it in the normal course of running your tractor.

Some camera systems allow you to "mirror" the image on the monitor with the push of a button, so its reversed. Make sure if your system can do this, to set the camera and monitor to the image you want to see as its confusing to look at the images mirrored when trying to do something precision. If you are using the monitor outside in the elements on the tractor, make sure it weather rated as many monitors are not.

Reactions: driveshaft and tj1

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
Ken — nice clevis mod to your Artillian fork/grapple frame. What do you use it for?
Pulling pallets to the end of the truck so I can grab them.

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts