Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find a thread that spoke specifics. I just received my tooth bar from Bxpanded and am debating whether or not to paint it with the hammered finish spray paint I have out in the garage. I figured the hammered finish paint may hold up better than standard.. and it's black so it'll match my bucket hooks.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with painting the tooth bar?

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
My vote: Don't waste you time or money, burn Diesel fuel instead.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,276 Posts
From what I've read on other threads, NO. They say the way it comes will last longer then any paint you put on it.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
The paint that comes on it is plenty durable. Anything you add will flake off and look like crap in no time. I wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you all agree.. b/c I have it mounted and don't really feel like taking it off again. I used ratchet straps wrapped around the bucket at the ends to wedge the bar on pretty tight.. don't feel like doing that a 3rd time. I will say, that bar really makes the little machine look aggressive. Once Kenny's hooks dry she'll be ready to get some work done.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,276 Posts
Glad you all agree.. b/c I have it mounted and don't really feel like taking it off again. I used ratchet straps wrapped around the bucket at the ends to wedge the bar on pretty tight.. don't feel like doing that a 3rd time. I will say, that bar really makes the little machine look aggressive. Once Kenny's hooks dry she'll be ready to get some work done.
WHAT!!?? No pics? :banghead: :munch:

Reactions: blue87fj60

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry... and now its too dirty ;)
In a related note: That tooth bar makes the loader a lot more effective. It'll chew through frozen ground pretty easily.

Reactions: CNGreen and Levi
1 - 8 of 8 Posts