Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my Deere dealer and made the deal to trade my X738 for a new 1025R. What made the day even better is that they actually got a 1025 in TODAY and the dealer advised that one would be mine so no waiting for one from the factory. They do have to prep it and install all my goodies such as my Premium LED Light Kit and my Single Point Hydraulic Connection, etc. Also may have to wait awhile for all my attachments such as my MC2120. Dealer couldn't advise on how long the MC2120 would take to get in as it is the first one he has ever ordered! I asked my salesman if I could take a pic of my new tractor (he warned me it would be dirty). Should take delivery sometime next week he said. Anyway here she is (mine is the one with the bucket).

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Green

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Congrats! Now the fun begins. Enjoy!

Reactions: Hoosier Daddy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations, I know the feeling about getting to take it home the same day. My wife needed a new mower and went to the dealership to look at them. She sat on the 1023 and said she wanted this one.

Talked the with salesman and he had one already set up and ready to go. We paid for it and went back home got the trailer and later that day my wife was out cutting the grass lol

She loves it, has 65 hours on it already.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats! I had a similar story when I bought mine: they had 1 in stock so flagged it for me. BTW, this weekend will be the LOOOOOOOONGEST weekend of your life :)

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Very Nice !
Congrats !

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
OP,
I traded my X738 in for a 1023e, upgraded a few things, and will never regret the trade. You'll have fun, lots of it, and you'll be amazed at the difference between the two machines.

And, if you haven't already, buy the JD 3rd SCV and have it installed before you take delivery. It's a move you'll never regret.

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
Nice that was an awesome day 👍

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Nice!!!

Better get out the BIG credit card!!!

If you thought other hobbies were expensive... ;)

Amazingly, my dealer, who sells a ton of tractors, has a half dozen 1025s ready to go as well as x738s, 739s and 758s and new lawn tractors.

I went back in his warehouse the other day to measure a 54d deck and it was almost like a big box store JD heaven with tractors at floor level and accessories of all kinds racked 20 feet plus in the air.

Reactions: GreenforMe

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,689 Posts
Congrats!

Is it me or is that a "bad airfilter" housing on the one in the background? Looks to be the right vintage for it. 😳

Reactions: 99f250 and BigJim55

·
Registered
343 Posts
I believe it is @MattL nice catch!
Now someone get ahold of the owner before baby has a bad day! 😭

·
Registered
343 Posts
Congrats! @Hoosier Daddy be careful asking about upgrades or implements we love to spend other people's money! 🤫🛒👍🏻😏

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice!!!

Better get out the BIG credit card!!!

If you thought other hobbies were expensive... ;)

Amazingly, my dealer, who sells a ton of tractors, has a half dozen 1025s ready to go as well as x738s, 739s and 758s and new lawn tractors.

I went back in his warehouse the other day to measure a 54d deck and it was almost like a big box store JD heaven with tractors at floor level and accessories of all kinds racked 20 feet plus in the air.
Yes my cc is taking quite the hit lately. Got the step and grab handle from Mudd's Customs and the receiver hitch and weight bracket AND tooth bar from Heavy Hitch! That's in addition to all the implements I bought with the tractor itself.
Congrats! @Hoosier Daddy be careful asking about upgrades or implements we love to spend other people's money! 🤫🛒👍🏻😏
I'm already learning that firsthand. Now I've got to let my CC cool off for a bit. At least until I actually take delivery of my tractor.;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Speaking of implements allow me to tell you folks what I got with my 1025R. I remember being advised if you ever think you MIGHT use an implement to get it at the time of purchase so that those things can be bundled into the purchase price with 0% financing. I did just that.

The biggest (most expensive) implement I got with my tractor is Frotier's MC2120. My parents, who live down the road from me, still live in the home that I grew up in and it's smack in the middle of a five acre woods. I've been doing their leaf pickup for that past ten years or so and it's been quite the chore. This year I may actually look forward to leaf duty thanks to the MC2120 so it's worth every penny to me.

I also got Frontier's 48 tiller and 45gal three point sprayer (to replace my 25gal click n go I used on my X738). I also got the pallet forks (to help with picking up logs in my Dad's 5acres.) Yes he still burns wood for heat at 85years old even though he has a perfectly good gas furnace. :rolleyes:

I'm finding it hard not to keep bugging my salesman by repeatedly calling him and asking "Is it ready yet?".

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
Congrats on the new 1025R. You will enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts