Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home today and my dealer had my new Machine locked up in the garage. While I have been waiting, I have been soaking up a lot a great info from everyone on the site. I do have a couple of questions that I looking for, what rpm do you all mow in, and if anyone can suggest any good links that I should really read up on, please pass them on. Thanks in advance and can't wait for all of the help and knowledge that I will get from you fine folks. I am running a 1025r with a 54" deck, box blade, and fel

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Got home today and my dealer had my new Machine locked up in the garage. While I have been waiting, I have been soaking up a lot a great info from everyone on the site. I do have a couple of questions that I looking for, what rpm do you all mow in, and if anyone can suggest any good links that I should really read up on, please pass them on. Thanks in advance and can't wait for all of the help and knowledge that I will get from you fine folks. I am running a 1025r with a 54" deck, box blade, and fel

I have the same equipment to mow with and I run at max rpm. High rpm's produce a better finish.

Dave

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just got my 1025r today, as well. Was looking it over and it should be run at 3200 rpm for optimum PTO use. Your tachometer has a PTO symbol at the proper RPM level.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I will check it out after work

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Nothing like coming home to a new :greentractorride:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
Nothing like coming home to a new :greentractorride:
And then he found GTT! Life is good.

Welcome to GTT tmccarty and congratulation on your new tractor.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor. I run the tractor wide open when mowing, seems to work quite well.

As for links, likely everything you need to know about your tractor is right here. While I was waiting on my tractor I looked through every page of the sub-compact forum. You'll be amazed and the resource you have found here.

·
Administrator
20,732 Posts
Wide open throttle. That's the best cut hands down. Many members have done this for years including myself. A few hundred rpm on the tach makes little difference for the engine, but make a dramatic difference for the mower and your cut quality. :good2:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:hi::wgtt:

Welcome from the top of Maine! Congrats on the new :greentractorride:!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Welcome to greentractortalk.com! I am very near you in Pasadena. Let me know if you ever need anything. I do not have a mowing deck. I know most on here run at or very near full throttle when mowing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wide open throttle. That's the best cut hands down. Many members have done this for years including myself. A few hundred rpm on the tach makes little difference for the engine, but make a dramatic difference for the mower and your cut quality. :good2:
So just push the lever all the way forward? I've been mowing with the tach just slightly below the PTO symbol. I'm always leery of running an engine at full tilt.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
So just push the lever all the way forward? I've been mowing with the tach just slightly below the PTO symbol. I'm always leery of running an engine at full tilt.
With the engine at WOT and sharp blades your grass will thank you.

·
Administrator
20,732 Posts
Yup. Move the throttle handle all the way forward. No worries, your tractor and engine were designed to do this all day every day. :good2:

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome from New York.

·
Premium Member
14,757 Posts
Congrats on your new eqpt. sure you will like it .
As for wide open or throttle full forward guessing that would be about 3400 or 3500 at least on mine, manual calls for 3200 for mowing or rear PTO.
Honestly I've stated before I can see no difference in grass cutting or the transmission straining running at 25-2900 . Mowed right at 3hrs today , never went above 2900 . Yes on my hill side I will use low range in a few places instead of high . Done this for almost 2 yrs with this tractor and with the 2305 and 2210 always ran it about 300 below the recommend speed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to greentractortalk.com! I am very near you in Pasadena. Let me know if you ever need anything. I do not have a mowing deck. I know most on here run at or very near full throttle when mowing.
Will do

1 - 19 of 19 Posts