Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a commercially available extension that I can bolt onto the rear of an x758 that I can use to pull a dethatcher, lawn sweeper, and a small cart? When I attach those items to the hole in the frame on the back of the x758, too often the frame of those attachments will rub the rear tires on the x758 if I turn sharply.

Is there a way I can extend the hitch point further away from the mower?

Thanks

·
Registered
665 Posts
You could add the rear receiver hitch BM20877 then go to a store like Tractor Supply Company or any store that has a great assortment or hitches (Reese and Buyer Bands) and get an extension, they very from 4" to 18" in length and the square with the flat stock that the ball goes into.

·
Premium Member
10,990 Posts
As the previous poster stated, the way to go is to install a receiver hitch plate on the rear of the tractor and then you can install whatever extension you need. Examples from Ebay shown below.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you for making the solution so simple.

:good2:

edit: Just curious, is the only receiver hitch plate that will fit an x758, the BM20877 model from JD? Or are there aftermarket receiver hitch plates that would work too?

·
Premium Member
10,990 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I had a simple receiver built that bolts to factory holes and is super strong. Couple of photos attached.
I wanted it higher that the plate where the other mentioned solutions would attach, so went the custom fab route. Can’t remember the cost however it was quite inexpensive.
It has stood the test of time with my 15 gallon spray tank bouncing around, plus I have two ‘baskets’ I use including one that i put my snowblower ballast in, and a 6” drop hitch to pull my trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here a month back I was thinking this same thing. But I don't really need that receiver in the rear all my attachment have just a hole for a pin but I did want a ball for my little trailer. I use the front receiver most for moving around my bigger trailer and the boat.
Well this is what I have on the rear of mine there are 3 holes in this the far back one bolts to the tractor and the mid hole I have a 2-inch ball also bolted threw this plate and the tractor and then I have the hole for my pinned attachments. rearhitch.PNG

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts