Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I smacked the top of the door one time leaving the ROPS up with a tractor I used to own. Fixed it by getting a shorter ROPS.

When we got our 2025r last year with a folding ROPS, I came up with a system that has worked so far at keeping us from forgetting to fold the ROPS down.

There is a long red ribbon fixed to the ROPS with a magnet

When the ROPS is raised, we take the ribbon off and it goes onto a big metal washer screwed above the door opening

When the ROPS is folded down, red ribbon gets stuck back on.

The red ribbon hanging down in front of the door makes for a conspicuous reminder to fold the ROPS.

Curious what others do to prevent the calamity of driving through a too-low door with a too-high ROPS...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I expect this will create a stir but you cut a piece out of the tube on each side and weld it back together. It's just steel tube. Cut square, welded evenly and ground flat, flat black paint. Good to go. Not in your case most likely because the difference in height is too much but to take out a few inches, yeah, I'd do it. The wiz kids at the factory don't design these things with you in mind, it is themselves they are protecting in case you're one of those that take the guards off a lawnmower and try to trim their hedges with it, then sue the manufacturer when an arm gets cut off. For them it is the most protection at the lowest cost without hindering usability.

·
Administrator
22,432 Posts
Reactions: MattL and Ehatcher

·
Registered
355 Posts
Before I park the tractor I always refuel it, so as soon as I exit the garage I’ve been setting a yellow fuel can in the doorway to block the path. Then I raise the ROPS.

The magnet and ribbon idea is pretty smart and I may rig up something similar.

Reactions: Ehatcher
1 - 8 of 8 Posts