Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok boys.. I've had a busy last 60 days.. I sold my atv and have been hunting for a new one.. 1st stop was an arctic cat dealer that is also a Kioti dealer.. Well, the sales guy did a number on me and before I new it, I was test riding their CS2410 SCUT.. Had a loader and 60" deck.. It was actually pretty nice but its green tractors only for me. I'm a polaris atv fan at heart and after test riding an arctic cat I knew it was not for me. However the test ride on the tractor got my brain all twisted up and I started thinking again about selling my 318 vs keeping it and adding a loader to it, or taking the plunge and just getting a new SCUT.. Sooooo.. Long story longer.. Today I finished a deal on a new Polaris Sportsman 570 and a new 1023e with loader and 54" quick connect deck.. I visited multiple JD stores and test rode about every SUC JD makes to in an effort to decide.. In the end, the 1023 is perfect for my small acreage and the extra $2500 for a 1025 just wasn't worth it.. If was ever to go bigger, I'd go bigger than a 1 series anyway.. That said.. I'm very excited and will get pics up asap.. Unfortunately the dealer has to order it in for me and it won't arrive till mid april..
Any rookie mistakes to warn me of on a new 1 series?.. Break in advice etc?..

Reactions: The_Badge

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,839 Posts
I will be the first to congratulate you on your new equipment. :good2:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ha!.. hoping not to learn that one the hard way!..

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Congratz and ROPS and garage doors don't mix well.
I echo both of those sentiments... My ROPS is bungeed in the total down position. (From a guy that caught the drip edge on the carport today with the FEL.:laugh:)

My break in advice is, warm it up at least until the needle comes off the peg (cold weather) then run it like you stole it. There's some good threads about breaking in using the "Search" feature.

Happy tractorin'!

·
Registered
709 Posts
You spent a bunch of money today. Now that's a man there! Best advice I can give you is don't tell the wife until you take delivery. Always better to ask for forgiveness and it is too easy for her to go to the dealer and have them tear up the paperwork on a new order. :nunu:

Reactions: HydroHarold

·
Registered
709 Posts
By the way congratulations on the tractor. I know you will enjoy it as much if not more than the 4-wheeler. You will be looking for projects to do with it.

I have always liked Polaris also. I have 2 of them now. The newer ones ride so much better than the ones back in the 90's. I still have a 1994 Polaris 425 Magnum that runs great. I have a 2011 Sportsman 500 also. They are both better riding than the 2006 Yamaha 600 Grizzly I have. My wife thinks I have too many toys. I think we just need a bigger shop, barn and garage. :dunno:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,839 Posts
ha!.. hoping not to learn that one the hard way!..
I think we were all hoping that, didn't work out all that well either.:lol:

·
Premium Member
14,911 Posts
Congrats on the new buys,,,shame you have to wait till April before getting to use play with the new toy I mean tractor.

All said and done you will find all kind of work for the loader. ENJOY and don't forget we like pictures

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor. I had to wait about 2 weeks on mine....it killed me....I couldn't imagine waiting for over a month.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks fella's!.. I saw the thread yesterday with the poll asking what 1 series tractor everyone has.. And wow am I ever in the minority with the 1023.. There's like 10 of us with 1023's and the rest are all 1025's and 1026's.. So I guess I'm at the kids table.. ha!.. If I end up upgrading sooner than later and spending a bunch more money, I'm blaming all of you!.. haha!..

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I've never heard anyone say they were dissapointed in the 1023. For the money saved you can add accessories you want instead of what JD gave us. If you happen to pull up next to a 25 or 26 at a stop light I wouldn't race them thou. :)

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Thanks fella's!.. I saw the thread yesterday with the poll asking what 1 series tractor everyone has.. And wow am I ever in the minority with the 1023.. There's like 10 of us with 1023's and the rest are all 1025's and 1026's.. So I guess I'm at the kids table.. ha!.. If I end up upgrading sooner than later and spending a bunch more money, I'm blaming all of you!.. haha!..
Congrats on the new tractor!!

Don't put the 1023 down, I considered it for quite a while before I chose a 1026. It all boiled down to what I intended to do with it, and possible future considerations, and then there is the age factor :laugh: The 1023 is a very capable tractor IMHO.

The position control 3PH was what sold me on the 1026. Even though I wasn't intending to get any 3PH attachments for a while, I saw the advantages to getting it.

The age factor is that as I am getting older, I tend to buy more creature comforts and treating myself a bit better. In my younger days, buying "bare bones" equipment that served it purpose would have been adequate. Nowadays, I want to be comfortable too. Hence the tilt wheel and nice lights, etc.

So if I want or need or will possibly need a feature, I don't want to look back and say "I could have, should have ... when I had the chance" but then again, money is always a deciding factor too.

1023 or 1025 or 1026, all good tractors.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Guys,

When I bought my 1026 less than 2 years ago, there was $1,000 difference between that and the 1023. After driving both, the decision was obvious - buy the 1026. Today, that $1,000 difference has ballooned by 250% to $2,500 difference thus making the choice much more difficult.

·
Premium Member
14,911 Posts
Guys,

When I bought my 1026 less than 2 years ago, there was $1,000 difference between that and the 1023. After driving both, the decision was obvious - buy the 1026. Today, that $1,000 difference has ballooned by 250% to $2,500 difference thus making the choice much more difficult.
WOW , when I bought mine 2 yrs ago July I bought my 1026r for about $300 over the price of a 1023 from a dealer I had bought 4 other machines, dealt with my present dealer and made a great deal and have been very happy.

Had no idea that 1025r had raised that much. I guess price and demand..doesn't seem like they added anything. Deere removed air sensor off the air filter.I guess that increased the price .

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah.. I was surprised that the price was that much higher for a 1025 vs the 1023.. If it was only $500 to $1000 like some of you lucky guys have mentioned. I would have gone for it I suppose.. But the position control on the 3pt doesn't mean much to me.. I really don't have any use for a tiller or anything that needs such precise movement.. If I want to add the lights later I will and an extra pony or two doesn't seem enough to warrant it either.. No doubt the extra power probably helps with loader speed and stuff like that, but nothing I'll be doing requires it.. The 1025 seat sounds pretty sweet but that can be upgraded down the road too I'm sure.. If I was used to some of these features I might miss them (cruise - the seat - 12v power outlet). But since I've never had them I can't see missing them to much. Famous last words eh?!!!.. ha!..

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Congrats on a new tractor...Am sure you will love it, when using grins are hard to suppress, watch out for bugs in teeth....:lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I too looked at the option of 1023E vs 1025R, but then found a 1023E with only 75 hrs with FEL and 54D mower w/independent lift for $12k. I talked to one dealer and he said it was a heck of a deal. So I bought it. That was yesterday. Now I have to go rent a trailer on Tuesday, drive 150 miles each way to go pick it up. I'm excited.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Congrats on the new 1023!! You'll have more opportunity's to add more dohickeies down the road...Looks like a Win Win!

Some of our 1026's have more accoutrements than allowed by law...I'm still looking for a place to hang the video screen and backup camera...:)

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor! I know you will enjoy it, and find many new projects to do with it! With a wait of a couple of weeks, you can begin making a list of those projects! :thumbup1gif:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts