Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Username 4720 posted this photo a few years ago, does anyone know if the tool box mounting hardware for mounting a tool box below the right side door is commercially available? (as a kit LOL)

Obiously wouldn't work too well on a new 4R series with the battery located there but it sure looks like a nice spot on a 4720 or similar.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I bought the Deere toolbox kit that mounts in front of the hood close to where the bar for the weights would hang. Bad move, somehow the loader or something in the loader contacted the box and bent the toolbox and the bracket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 3720 and after looking all over for a spot to mount a toolbox I finally settled on a small plastic ammo can I got from harbor freight. I cut the top off of it. It fits beside the seat in the cab on the right side. I only needed something to put a couple of chains in and this worked well.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have a 3720 and after looking all over for a spot to mount a toolbox I finally settled on a small plastic ammo can I got from harbor freight. I cut the top off of it. It fits beside the seat in the cab on the right side. I only needed something to put a couple of chains in and this worked well.
Do you have the air ride seat?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
if you don’t take your loader off much... have you thought about drilling and tapping threads into the loader mast for a bracket / toolbox?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I mounted the ammo can to my iMatch which is on the tractor nearly all the time anyway. I posted it on here somewhere.

Dave

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
I know one thing, that’s a clean 2014 model tractor. Good find!

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Looks great Bud, I think I'd be tempted to try and come up with an inconspicuous mud flap to keep that rear tire from soiling that box up.

PS. I did notice the touch up on the loader mounts. I did the same thing and even put some heavy 3M stone guard (clear automotive tape) over the heavy wear areas. Had the loader back on for just a little snow work and I was back to square one when I took the loader back off. LOL

joe w.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah I know the paint will be gone again when loader goes back on. The mounts were all rust where I touched them up. Got tired of seeing the rust. Considering some type of shield/mud flap for the tool box. Actually never considered a piece of mud flap, thanks for the idea.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Some of the thick rubber floor mats for autos and trucks might offer a decent looking pattern to cut a workable shape from.

·
Registered
2013 JD3720 Cab
3 Posts
Thanks, it had 300 hours. It came with single rear outlets. I added the 4th & 5th also added the upgraded cruise control. Been doing a lot of little touch ups to it. ( detailing ) View attachment 776099
Nice rig you have there Bud. I’m wondering about your hydraulic top link, did it come with that gauge bar or is it a custom build? Also what is the rod with the yellow handle to the right of the 4th & 5th SCV fittings?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, I'm going to check into some different things.
Nice rig you have there Bud. I’m wondering about your hydraulic top link, did it come with that gauge bar or is it a custom build? Also what is the rod with the yellow handle to the right of the 4th & 5th SCV fittings?
It came with it. The entire top link was anodised when new it was getting pretty rough looking. I cleaned it up and painted it. There is a company that makes a quick hitch called triangel. I bought the top link but not the hitch itself. I don't think they offer the top link anymore. The yellow knob is a JD factory only option. It makes it so you can run the engine at a lower rpm but still reach 540 pto speed.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts

It came with it. The entire top link was anodised when new it was getting pretty rough looking. I cleaned it up and painted it. There is a company that makes a quick hitch called triangel. I bought the top link but not the hitch itself. I don't think they offer the top link anymore. The yellow knob is a JD factory only option. It makes it so you can run the engine at a lower rpm but still reach 540 pto speed.
I believe that is called ePTO.

Dave

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
This is what the 4th and 5th SCV's look like on a 4066R.

Dave

Reactions: keane

·
Registered
2013 JD3720 Cab
3 Posts

Thanks for the follow up. Too bad about not making the top link any more, I would have seriously considered getting one like that.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Thanks Dave, I was aware of that, been looking at the 4052R and 4066R. I see you have the Fit Rite top link. How do you like it?

BTW, there’s a lynchpin missing on the left lift arm...
Sure enough. That was 5 years ago.

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 21 Posts