Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a 3720 with cab and I am desperately missing my toolbox on my OS tractor I previously had.

I see they have this option JD part number LVB24930, does anyone have it and do you like it? Any interference with the MMM?

What other options are out there, just know I need to do something because so far I am not keen on the tools riding around in the cab and I don't like being with them.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
I have these tool boxes on all my tractors.
I keep a 1lb hammer, a couple types of pliers, a couple screw drivers, rags, and gloves stored in them on all my tractors.

I really like that there on the rear of the machine right where I am normally at needing tools.
ie. when needing to either pry or persuade an attachment on or off the tractor.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do like the idea of those, wonder if they will fit my Speeco quick hitch.

Reactions: cc1999

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,919 Posts
I do like the idea of those, wonder if they will fit my Speeco quick hitch.
Unfortunately they don't fit due to the larger gussets.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately they don't fit due to the larger gussets.
I can always make my own mount if needed. Next time I am at the JD dealer I need to measure the size of the tubing on the Imatch to see how it is different.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
You might wan to consider this toolbox on an iMatch that I put on my 4066R. I was unable to find the original post with more pics. This method would fit any quick hitch.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,919 Posts
Compare this to the pic above and you'll see the difference. Ken's boxes "clamp" around the vertical tube on the iMatch which has small inset gussets at the top.. The imports all have the larger external gusset.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Many of us have a Ballast Box on the back of our tractors. I set the largest tool box that would sit on top of the ballast box and filled with miscellaneous tools. Went to Home Depot and bought one of those large plastic black storage boxes with the yellow lids, then threw the lid away notched one side a bit in the middle to fit over the top link to cover the tool box and the top of the Ballast Box to keep the rain off the tool box as well as keep the rain out of th ballast box and help to keep it from rusting out from the inside. If you would like a picture let me know.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many of us have a Ballast Box on the back of our tractors. I set the largest tool box that would sit on top of the ballast box and filled with miscellaneous tools. Went to Home Depot and bought one of those large plastic black storage boxes with the yellow lids, then threw the lid away notched one side a bit in the middle to fit over the top link to cover the tool box and the top of the Ballast Box to keep the rain off the tool box as well as keep the rain out of th ballast box and help to keep it from rusting out from the inside. If you would like a picture let me know.
I would be interested in a picture, THANK YOU.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would be interested in a picture, THANK YOU.
I have to apologize I swear I had a picture ot the Ballast Box Storage Tote on the the tractor but if I did I can’t the picture. Below is a picture of the tote box (27 Gallon) I bought at Lowe’s. I fits perfectly so it covers the Balledt Box with the tool box sitting inside the Ballast Box on top of tha Gravel I filled it with. Just cut a slot in the box wide enough for the 3 point arm and deep enough so the bottom rests on the top of the tool box. I WILL send you a picture of it in mid October when I get back to the ranch if you will send me your e-mail addy. Mine is [email protected]

Light Product Rectangle Table Wood

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry it took so long to repost but health problems for a 78 yr. old is not uncommon. Someone here requested I post a picture of how I used the Tote for a cover on my 3046R. I cut a slot in the tote so I could set it over the BB snubbed it down with a Rubber Bungee to hold it for high winds in our area. The tote costs around $10 $12. Inexpensive cover for BB. Lol - I don’t do cheap crap but really like inexpensive fixes. Hope this helps whoever would like to use this idea. Any day on my tractor is a good day. If this is not going to a public area please someone repost it in the right place. I have a really hard time figuring out how to navigate this site.

Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Composite material

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Truck

·
Registered
51 Posts
I neglected to post the picture along with the cover. The Tote cover sits nicely on top of the tool box with assorted tool and chains.

Motor vehicle Combat vehicle Grass Cylinder Gas

Reactions: treepotato

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
You might wan to consider this toolbox on an iMatch that I put on my 4066R. I was unable to find the original post with more pics. This method would fit any quick hitch.

Dave

View attachment 800456
Very good I may change mine.

rob

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ok, forgive my humor…. It’s kind of a giant toolbox….

·
Registered
51 Posts
I recently acquired a 3720 with cab and I am desperately missing my toolbox on my OS tractor I previously had.

I see they have this option JD part number LVB24930, does anyone have it and do you like it? Any interference with the MMM?

What other options are out there, just know I need to do something because so far I am not keen on the tools riding around in the cab and I don't like being with them.

View attachment 800301
I posted the pics you requested in “Tool Box Options”

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought a metal tool box from a local farm supply and mounted on the weight bracket on the front of my 2038R. Plenty of clearance for the bucket and is very solid.

Green Motor vehicle Grass Gas Machine

1 - 18 of 18 Posts