Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a solution to carry around yard tools on my 332 with 3pt hitch. Primarily the 10gal elec sprayer I just bought. But also chainsaws, fuel etc.
I was thinking of hanging a cargo carrier for 2” receivers off draw bar but think it’ll be hanging off back way too far. Smallest carrier I can find is roughly 47”x20”ish, and that’s just basket size....that’s not including length of neck

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
What about a 3PH attachment that has a receiver built into it? Then put the cargo carrier on that. That wouldn't you adjust the height of the cargo basket via the 3PH.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry maybe my orig post wasn’t clear....I do have a 3pt hitch with draw bar receiver. I was just thinking that the distance the draw bar is away from tractor, plus that of the cargo carrier itself would be sticking out 3-4’ from ass end of tractor all said and done. To me seems like quite a bit

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
Sorry maybe my orig post wasn’t clear....I do have a 3pt hitch with draw bar receiver. I was just thinking that the distance the draw bar is away from tractor, plus that of the cargo carrier itself would be sticking out 3-4’ from ass end of tractor all said and done. To me seems like quite a bit
Actually, that's pretty typical for many of the 3 point carry all's. You get used to carrying the items behind the tractor and using the 3ph, having the carry all on the 3ph and being able to raise and lower it is critical in my opinion. That way, you can also use it for ballast if needed and lower it to take the weight off the tractor when you are parked or even just stopped.

Many of us build one from the standard brackets you can buy at the local farm store like these.

Just be careful with the selection of the frame for the top link / center hook as you want one where the top hitching point is not tucked up under the top of the frame. The example in the listing I have attached is one which does work well for many who build their own carry all units.

You can make them as complex or simple as you want. Using the "Advanced Search Feature" I would suggest either "carry all" or "3 point carry all" and there are numerous threads showing the process many have used.

It's nice to be able to customize the carry all to meet your needs with possibly a scabbard for the chain saw as well as other tools which you want to carry securely. These 3 ph carry all also are a great place to mount a tool box to carry small hand tools and the possibilities are limited only by ones creativity. They can also tow a trailer or hold a winch and battery, all sorts of options. Something to consider...........

Using the 3 point verses a 2" square receiver tube is nice because you can avoid having to manually lift the carry all and slide it into the tube. Also, you can use the 3ph to lift and angle the carry all so if you work on areas where the transitions are sharp, like driving through a ditch, the carry all won't get hung up on the bottom when you are climbing out.

I find the main thing is being able to properly secure the items you carry, verses just sitting them on a platform, etc. There are numerous great options for securing the things you carry as well, from Carnbiner hooks to soft ties to adjustable rubber clamps and straps.

Let us know if we can help with photos or examples.

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
Yes it will hang out, a trailer hangs out further. Depending on circumstances each can be a better option but none of them involve Star Trek transportation.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your input
Yes a trailer will hang out further, I’m just now considering this mod and looking for input. I’m going to scour etrailer for 2” receiver pieces I could fab something, but will likely get the smallest cargo carrier basket I can find

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I didn’t want a building project and my needs are relatively basic homeowner stuff, so I went simple and cheap..$65 from Titan. I‘ve used this for tools, bushes/trees, brush, pressure washer, bags of dirt or mulch. When I’m done, it’s simple to just unhook and hang it on the wall. This one has a 500 lb rating. I was skeptical, but it’s taken some pretty substantial abuse from off-center loading and has no issues. I did bolt a steel tab on it in the back so I could pull a poly dump cart.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, not as cumbersome as I thought it maybe. I got the smallest carrier I could find, roughly 48x18. And for $70, I’m happy with my decision. Now I’m ready to battle poison ivy....
24EDB14A-22A7-44D9-BC84-38C2FE905374.jpeg
3A48B880-AA34-4F9C-A892-C2397331EFC9.jpeg
24EDB14A-22A7-44D9-BC84-38C2FE905374.jpeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts