Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's a start. Got the tooth bar base manufactured today, and now am awaiting quotes from H&L Tooth for shanks and teeth. I designed the bar to fit the 2740-W-23 shank, and am considering using the 230CST tooth, although any 230 series tooth will fit any 230 series shank. Which means I could change the teeth to another style if a job warrants.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
341 Posts
I found Amazon to be lowest price for bucket teeth & shanks ... check them out ..

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Yep, tried there, too. But I couldn't find the 2740-W-23 shanks anywhere by H&L. Plus, they all seem to sell teeth in lots of five, and I want six teeth on my bar.
I Googled that #,, some guy on eBay had the shanks for $17.50 shipped,,, I believe he is in New York,,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I Googled that #,, some guy on eBay had the shanks for $17.50 shipped,,, I believe he is in New York,,
An engineer at H&L Tooth told me their list price was $14.05 each, but I had to get an official quote from sales with the shipping included, so that's what I'm waiting on. Wonder how it will stack up against the eBay price? Also, H&L seems to be the standard and many others will put out shanks that say "H&L style" or something like that. s me wonder if the dimensions or quality of the others would be the same.

·
Administrator
18,494 Posts
I did, but the free shipping through eBay is made up for by higher prices.
You mean free shipping is not free? Whooda thunk it eh? :laugh: Add the 10% sellers fee and biased policy against sellers on eBay it's a wonder they are still around.

Good job on your build.

Reactions: glc

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm also just starting a tooth bar build. I got the teeth and shanks from Amazon. Had to buy a pack of 5 plus a single to get the 6 that wanted. All came in the same box, and arrived the very next day. I got the fork tooth "Tiger" teeth.
Amazon.com : Titan Attachments Set of (5) 23WTL Twin Tiger Tooth Bucket Assembly w/Shank Outdoor
Not sure why they come in packages of five sets. Must be the same paradox as between packaged hot dogs and hot dog buns. :)

I've got two friends with 1025R tractors as well, so as long as I'm building one for myself, might as well build two more for them. So I've got three tooth bars in progress. Getting ready to order 18 shanks. I figure I'd build the bars with shanks attached, and then let them order the type teeth they prefer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Beautiful day...at least in the afternoon when I felt better. Lots of welding this afternoon with a final great fit on the tooth bar. Welding the shanks to the bar was a bit time consuming as I had to preheat each hardened tool steel shank before welding it to the mild steel bar. But it turned out well.

The first picture has one of the teeth sitting on a shank. Can't wait until the bar is done so I can try it out.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts