Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 1025 owner here-delivery scheduled for tomorrow!

Looking for advice for the best toothbar for my situation.

I have residual 4-6" rocks on/in the ground from a pond edging project. The rocks have settled a little so I can't just scrape them off the top, but digging will be minimal. Cleanup will probably take 1/2 hour to an hour. My other projects will be moving dirt. Which toothbar do you recommend? I've gone back and forth between a piranha, heavy hitch design. A rock bucket doesn't make sense for a smaller 1 time project.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Cant go wrong with either one but i think heavy hitch would handle rocks better

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Agree with Heavy Hitch. I have the Piranha but I bought it specifically to tear up saplings and briars.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,784 Posts
You can get the rocks off* with either, its likely to be easier with the longer tooth tool. But if your future plans are less playing with rocks and more playing in the bush, the Piranah bar is a wonderful tool. I swear that thing gets sharper with age and use.

It's been one of those days.,.........and I couldn't resist.............
*the edge of the pond, (just for clarity).....

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
2038R, X590
242 Posts
Another vote for Heavy Hitch.
I have the Piranha and it's great for ripping through brush, but doesn't do much better than just the bucket for digging into the surface.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I have the heavy hitch tooth bar . It’s a very well made product. But I think it’s a bit overkill for the one series tractors . The teeth they use are the same ones that are used on full size loaders.

·
Registered
649 Posts
View attachment 784958
I’d agree that the Heavy Hitch style would be better for digging in dirt and rock. I bought my toothbar from Express Steel locates here in Indiana. They are about half the price of the Heavy Hitch. Seems well made and fit fine
Any concerns with drilling holes in your bucket? Honestly that's one of the big pluses in my book for HH. To be able to put it on easily and to not drill holes in expensive metal things (yes, I have Ken's hooks installed).

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
649 Posts
New 1025 owner here-delivery scheduled for tomorrow!

Looking for advice for the best toothbar for my situation.

I have residual 4-6" rocks on/in the ground from a pond edging project. The rocks have settled a little so I can't just scrape them off the top, but digging will be minimal. Cleanup will probably take 1/2 hour to an hour. My other projects will be moving dirt. Which toothbar do you recommend? I've gone back and forth between a piranha, heavy hitch design. A rock bucket doesn't make sense for a smaller 1 time project.

Any suggestions?
Left turn...... Getting a grapple? You'd be surprised how well it could do with this.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Any concerns with drilling holes in your bucket? Honestly that's one of the big pluses in my book for HH. To be able to put it on easily and to not drill holes in expensive metal things (yes, I have Ken's hooks installed).
It’s a bucket you‘re going to dig rocks with so two small holes drilled in it for a toothbar isn’t too bad, especially after you drill the first one. Then you need to balance it with a hole on the other side! I guess if I really didn’t want to have holes if I took the toothbar off I’d just weld them closed and paint over it. A couple of small holes in the side of the bucket aren’t compromising its strength or usefulness. It’s a tool, not an all original classic tractor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.