Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us who bought our toothbars made by someone else (defunct Markham in my case); the fabricators usually make the mounting brackets outside edge to edge dimension about 1/4" - 3/8" less than the bucket's inside wall to wall dimensions to allow for poor measuring by the customer. In my case the tolerance was about -3/8".

Now I'd always shove a couple of washers between the toothbar and the bucket so as not to tweak something when tightening the bolts down. What a pain to line up washers with the bolt hole. The I had an A-HAH! moment of a solution that is so simple that I kick myself for not thinking of it sooner. I made spacers from scrap 3"x2"x3/16" angle I had lying around. The short leg acts as a grab handle. Knowing these things will take a beating from the dirt, I just rattle-can painted them.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
Simple and effective! Great idea! I have though about tack welding spacers to mine-but only when a have to get the two or three washers on each side to align. Then I forget about it till next time...

BTW, mine is from the now defunct Markham Welding as well.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Wow, I would have just used a little RTV to glue the washers onto the tooth bar until I could slide the bolt in.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Nice idea mjncad.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
BTW, mine is from the now defunct Markham Welding as well.
Same here. They were a good outfit . . . easy to deal with. Shame they couldn't have stayed in business.

·
Registered
383 Posts
mjncad, good idea. I did a similar approach, but I just welded the extra distance piece to the arms.

Would you please be so kind and put some extra pictures and some description in here about the stuff you did to the top of your bucket? I have a trailer hitch on the top, just like you, and had a real bad experience the other day. I tried to lift the tongue of the flatbed trailer of my friend, and could see my bucket caving in at the hitch receiver. I was fast enough to get it down again, and everything popped back into place. Those buckets are very weak, I could do those things with my old Bobcat bucket without any problems.
You strengthening gizmo seems to be a solution for this!

·
Premium Member
8,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I wanted to join the group because I wanted to keep an eye on my buddies keen ideas which is the case here. So I'm making this my first post and saying its a great idea all at the same time :bye2:

·
Administrator
20,976 Posts
Well I wanted to join the group because I wanted to keep an eye on my buddies keen ideas which is the case here. So I'm making this my first post and saying its a great idea all at the same time :bye2:
:wgtt:

You have quite the reputation! I'm glad to see you here.:drinks: I've seen a lot of your excellent work including stuff you've posted over on our sister site Workshop Addict. I look forward to seeing you around.:thumbup1gif:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Hello, 4shorts! Great to see you here! :good2: You know I send you a BIG TEXAS welcome!

:gtfam:

·
Registered
22 Posts
:wgtt:

You have quite the reputation! I'm glad to see you here.:drinks: I've seen a lot of your excellent work including stuff you've posted over on our sister site Workshop Addict. I look forward to seeing you around.:thumbup1gif:
Thanks Jason. I appreciate the welcome. Hey don't worry. My reputation isn't as bad as everyone says it is :laugh:

Hello, 4shorts! Great to see you here! :good2: You know I send you a BIG TEXAS welcome!

:gtfam:
Well now I know its a quality site seeing you here :good2: Thank you for your warm welcome. The closest thing I own to a Deere is a pedal tractor but I can always paint my real tractors green :laugh:

·
8,558 Posts
Well now I know its a quality site seeing you here :good2: Thank you for your warm welcome. The closest thing I own to a Deere is a pedal tractor but I can always paint my real tractors green :laugh:
Paint them GREEN, and they'll work even harder! :tongue: :laugh:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Paint them GREEN, and they'll work even harder! :tongue: :laugh:
Now that's nasty :lol: I do like the green though. I always said that if there had been a JD dealer on the island I would have had one BUT where I live the selection on anything is limited so I went with what I have now. That being said I'm very happy with the Bota's

·
Premium Member
8,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good seeing you Paul!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good seeing you Paul!
Likewise my friend. Do you remember the stack conversion I did on the Kubota?
Well guess what? Had to do one on my Deere as well :laugh:

·
8,558 Posts
This is gonna be fun for me, to see 4shorts' and mjncad's work in the same location! :yahoo: Great work, guys! :good2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is gonna be fun for me, to see 4shorts' and mjncad's work in the same location! :yahoo: Great work, guys! :good2:

By now you must be totally bored with my stuff. Well I joined a Deere site To see Matts work. I missed the bugger over at TBN. I've always been impressed with what he puts out. Top quailty all the way all day. Smart bugger too. :wink:

·
8,558 Posts
By now you must be totally bored with my stuff.

I don't think I'd ever get bored with you stuff, 4shorts!

Well I joined a Deere site To see Matts work. I missed the bugger over at TBN. I've always been impressed with what he puts out. Top quailty all the way all day. Smart bugger too. :wink:
You're smart to come see mjn's work. He does some awesome stuff! We have several on here that do some really great mods and work!

I think you are both smart! After all, y'all both managed to get *me* as a friend! :laugh:

Reactions: mjncad and 4shorts

·
Registered
22 Posts
You're smart to come see mjn's work. He does some awesome stuff! We have several on here that do some really great mods and work!

I think you are both smart! After all, y'all both managed to get *me* as a friend! :laugh:
Thanks so much. Matt and I have been friends a long time now and your right up there with him on my friends list. Your a great lady and I've enjoyed each and every one of your posts. You put the "class" into each and every site I've seen you on so your work shines as well in your posts.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts