Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Top and Tilt arrived from Brian. Turns out, UPS lost the top link.:banghead: Wrote Brian and he was all over it. Going to give UPS a day or two to find it. If they don’t, Brian said he would have me one in the mail before the end of the week. Awesome service. So, got the side link on. Now, I have never touched a hydraulic part before I bought this tractor. Brian makes this so easy. Everything you need is in the box. Instructions and tips on everything. Even labeled which hydraulic lines go to which cylinder. Took me all of 20 minutes, and I was taking my time. Awesome product and awesome service. Well worth the wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
My Top and Tilt arrived from Brian. Turns out, UPS lost the top link.:banghead: Wrote Brian and he was all over it. Going to give UPS a day or two to find it. If they don’t, Brian said he would have me one in the mail before the end of the week. Awesome service. So, got the side link on. Now, I have never touched a hydraulic part before I bought this tractor. Brian makes this so easy. Everything you need is in the box. Instructions and tips on everything. Even labeled which hydraulic lines go to which cylinder. Took me all of 20 minutes, and I was taking my time. Awesome product and awesome service. Well worth the wait.
Would like to see pictures of your hookups. Lines, Cylinder etc.... Who is Brian? From where?

·
Premium Member
11,045 Posts

·
Registered
11,776 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here ya go. Waiting to get the top link in before I worry about getting everything routed neatly. Those hoses look like they are near the rear tire but they really are not. Just the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brian is the owner of Fit Rite Hydraulics. He is a site sponsor and does top notch hydraulic work.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
649 Posts
Do the hoses need to be pointing up more at the couplers to have everything clear when the hitch is fully raised? Probably best to get the top link (getting built today, darn UPS):banghead: and then dial everything in.

Thank you for the pictures. :good2:

·
Premium Member
11,045 Posts
That's interesting. Not having a new 2-series I just assumed the 3rd/4th rear SCVs were arranged side-by-side left top/bottom and right/top/bottom.

I wouldn't have imagined they were arranged above each other.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
That's interesting. Not having a new 2-series I just assumed the 3rd/4th rear SCVs were arranged side-by-side left top/bottom and right/top/bottom.

I wouldn't have imagined they were arranged above each other.
That confuses me every time as well. Seems strange.

I am just hoping the lost cylinder ends up at a good home. Like mine.:good2:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Brian is the owner of Fit Rite Hydraulics. He is a site sponsor and does top notch hydraulic work.
Thanks for the pictures. I have the Artillian diverter valve setup for my grapple and plow. I think I could make some modifications to mine to accommodate that setup. I would just need some longer hoses and the cylinder. Got my gears turning. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do the hoses need to be pointing up more at the couplers to have everything clear when the hitch is fully raised? Probably best to get the top link (getting built today, darn UPS):banghead: and then dial everything in.

Thank you for the pictures. :good2:
Brian, that’s what I was thinking. When I get the top link on there I will decide where the straight or 90 degree couplings fit best and what the best way to route it all is. If you think I need to change something just let me know.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Gentlemen,

Here is 2 photos of the fit rite cylinder on my 2038R. The pictures show it installed with ports up and ports down. I ended up leaving it with the ports down.

If you need closer pictures, sorry these are what I had. If you need something else just let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Herm, that looks really good. I’m excited to get my top link. The side link is awesome on its own. Great for crowning a driveway. I did my first till of my garden today. Just went down 2 inches or so. Going to have to work it down slow and move the rocks as I go. My garden is on I hillside. The side link was awesome in keeping the tiller level with the sloping land grade of the garden. It’s pretty uneven but every time the slope changes I just hit the handle a little bit and level the tiller right back to where it should be. Very cool!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,204 Posts
Here ya go. Waiting to get the top link in before I worry about getting everything routed neatly. Those hoses look like they are near the rear tire but they really are not. Just the picture.
What is that tube just to the right of the SCV hook ups?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That would be my transmission fluid funnel. Lol.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
11,045 Posts
That would be my transmission fluid funnel. Lol.:laugh:
And here everyone thought it was a built-in chipper feature. :)

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,204 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Herm, that looks really good. I’m excited to get my top link. The side link is awesome on its own. Great for crowning a driveway. I did my first till of my garden today. Just went down 2 inches or so. Going to have to work it down slow and move the rocks as I go. My garden is on I hillside. The side link was awesome in keeping the tiller level with the sloping land grade of the garden. It’s pretty uneven but every time the slope changes I just hit the handle a little bit and level the tiller right back to where it should be. Very cool!
I get the re crowning of the driveway, but wouldnt the tractor be at the same angle on the hillside while tilling? :dunno: Unless you were tracking the opposite way of the grade. Nevermind I think i figured out what you were saying. Sorry duh huh moment

1 - 20 of 93 Posts