Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Big, the biggest problem I have is that my grade is not consistent. My tractor will be tilted a little different than where the tiller is. I think after I’ve had the garden a couple of years it will level out mostly, but as of right now, I look back and one side of my tiller will be buried and the other up in the air. Does that make sense? Sometimes a struggle to put things into words. Lol.:banghead:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tried to install my top link with the fittings pointing down, like Herminator did, but the short hose is about 1.5-2” too short when the 3 point is fully lowered.

I routed my hoses like this. Everything clears in all positions. The only thing I noted that could be an issue is when the 3 point is fully raised AND the hydraulic side link is fully retracted, the sway links get really tight. Like, I think you could break something tight. This isn’t a fault of the top and tilt kit, just something to be aware of. I loosened up my sway links a little due to this, but I was running them pretty tight before installing the top and tilt cylinders.

Overall I think the Fitrite Top and Tilt kit is great.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
Just a suggestion or 2, but maybe try the left side top link hose with the 90 pointed to the right side and have the hose route over the other 90-coupler and then down to the side link.

Would switching the top link hoses help any as far as the 18" hose being to short?

All just suggestions.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Top link is here. Let’s get started.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Got it on. If I can do this, anyone can. Took about 20 minutes, and thank was really taking my time. Biggest time factor is figuring out the best way to run the hoses. I’m ADD, so I might take me 3 to 5 years to do that. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
More pics.

Attachments

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
Got it on. If I can do this, anyone can. Took about 20 minutes, and thank was really taking my time. Biggest time factor is figuring out the best way to run the hoses. I’m ADD, so I might take me 3 to 5 years to do that. Here are some pics.
I hope that a mod comes along and turns these pics. At my age I can't stand on my head anymore.

Yank, curious that you didn't use both the 90s on the top link??

Does it actually work better to have the ports on top vs on the bottom?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Brian, I didn’t even think about turning the top link to where the ports are on the bottoms. I know with them on the top, one straight and one 90 on the top link was my best option. Is the top link ports on the bottom the common setup?

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
Pictures fixed...Look good Yank :good2:

Did the missing HTL ever turn up?

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
Brian, I didn’t even think about turning the top link to where the ports are on the bottoms. I know with them on the top, one straight and one 90 on the top link was my best option. Is the top link ports on the bottom the common setup?
"FIT RITE" decal is now on the bottom. :think: You can do it any way that you wish, and I have never had the tractor in front of me to layout what the best hose routing is. But I would try it that way giving you a bit more clearance on the top link bracket.

The hoses should all be routed to give the appearance of a smooth flow. I don't think that any hose should have to be sticking up so high that it causes interference when the hitch is fully raised. Double check full range of the hitch motion to be sure that the hoses don't bind, kink or get caught on anything.

Typically it is best to have at a minimum of a 90* bend in the hose between the coupler and the fitting on the cylinder.

If you feel that a hose needs to be different, let me know, but what is supplied should work well. Also keep in mind that even a 10* movement with the 90s can make a HUGE difference with how the hoses fit and react with the hitch movement.

Yank, now that the pictures have been turned, I would say that the side link couplers should be pointed to the right at about 90*. For sure switch out the 90 on the side link over to the top link. You may need to use a couple of zip ties on the side link hoses up by the couplers to keep them together and that should keep them pointing over to the right. Play with the 90 at the rod end of the top link to get that hose "just right".

More pictures please. :good2:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Brian, let’s start with this. I flipped the top link over. You think it works better like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I did what you said and i like it much much better.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Pictures fixed...Look good Yank :good2:

Did the missing HTL ever turn up?
Ken , it never did show up. Brian sent me another one though. Only took him a week to replace the lost one. Great service.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
I did what you said and i like it much much better.
The 90 at the top link rod end, how does it look-work with the 90 aimed another 10-15* forward? Maybe even 20*? I'm trying to get less of a bend at the rod end and more at the coupler end.

Also, just for grins, what's it like if you do all this, but with the hose on the right hand side of the cylinder?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I’m done tinkering for the evening, but I am going to try both of those ideas in the morning. I will post the pics. It’s pretty good right now. Nothing is rubbing or in the way. Everything is working great.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
I’m done tinkering for the evening, but I am going to try both of those ideas in the morning. I will post the pics. It’s pretty good right now. Nothing is rubbing or in the way. Everything is working great.
Thanks for doing this. If we can come up with the "best" possible solution, if it's ok with you I will send pictures of the hose routing with future customer's kits. That way they won't have to go through what you have and all the trail and error routine.

Thanks again :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks for doing this. If we can come up with the "best" possible solution, if it's ok with you I will send pictures of the hose routing with future customer's kits. That way they won't have to go through what you have and all the trail and error routine.

Thanks again :bigthumb:
It’s no problem at all, buddy. I love to tinker. If a man just wanted to hook up and get to work, you easily could. I will try anything you want me to try and post some pics. The sun was making it hard to take good pictures today. Once we get it where it’s idea, I’ll get you some better pictures. Suppose to be nice here tomorrow. I’m going to mess with it some more in the morning.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Top link is here. Let’s get started.
Whoo-hoo!

Mine should be here July or August - patience grasshopper, patience :sleep:.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Brian, went back out to tinker this evening. Let me do a better pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Stupid sideways pictures

Attachments