Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I was looking back thru Diesels threads and on his hydraulic line couplers, he has extenders on a couple so that they lay flush at the tractor’s couplers. One of those extenders would work great on the top left hose in the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I was looking at my pics this morning and something hit me. JD laid the connectors on this tractor down sideways instead of up and down. I think it makes it harder to keep the hydraulic lines close and flowing well. If you look at Diesel’s pics on his tractor, his valve is up and down instead of sideways. This lets him keep the lines going to the same link closer together. Does that make sense or am I explaining that badly?

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
I was looking at my pics this morning and something hit me. JD laid the connectors on this tractor down sideways instead of up and down. I think it makes it harder to keep the hydraulic lines close and flowing well. If you look at Diesel’s pics on his tractor, his valve is up and down instead of sideways. This lets him keep the lines going to the same link closer together. Does that make sense or am I explaining that badly?
No, you have it correct. It makes things difficult when the outlets for the same valve are on each side of the top link bracket, let alone just above it. There are other machines that have them like this, but the valves are bigger and the ports are further apart as well as being higher above the top link mount. Then others have them side by side, but both outlets are to the left or right of the top link mount, not split how JD has these.

Jason's are actually side by side also, but with them all of to one side it makes things much easier to route.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I’m gonna try running the top link 90 closest to the cylinder on the other side of the link for you. See how it lays.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Looking at it from the back, it looks like it gets to close to the right lift arm when turned to that side, Brian.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
If you added an extender to your hose that runs from the top port on the side arm you could lay those two top hoses together and zip tie them nicely.

Attachments

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
If you added an extender to your hose that runs from the top port on the side arm you could lay those two top hoses together and zip tie them nicely.
I'll get one in the mail to you tomorrow. You should have it by Thursday. Lets see if it gets the desired results. :thumbup1gif:

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
Looking at it from the back, it looks like it gets to close to the right lift arm when turned to that side, Brian.
With the hose on the right, now maybe have the 90 pointing back some more. It may end up that it is best to have the hose cross the cylinder. Just need to check all possibilities to be sure what one is actually best.

·
Premium Member
10,724 Posts
No, you have it correct. It makes things difficult when the outlets for the same valve are on each side of the top link bracket, let alone just above it. There are other machines that have them like this, but the valves are bigger and the ports are further apart as well as being higher above the top link mount. Then others have them side by side, but both outlets are to the left or right of the top link mount, not split how JD has these.

Jason's are actually side by side also, but with them all of to one side it makes things much easier to route.
You are correct. Most tractors have the SCV stacks oriented so each pair of ports are side by side (shown below). I didn't realize the new 2-series was split horizontally across the top-link until folks started posting photos of their hoses.

SCV.jpg

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
I want to be clear for anyone who is reading this. Brian’s Top N Tilt is working fabulously. I graded the driveway today just to play with it. It is so so nice to be able to look back at the land plane, see what it’s doing, and make adjustments with two fingers. So so sweet. We are just looking for the absolutely best way to run the hoses. Just playing around with trial and error. I have them the way they look in the last picture now, and if you wanted, you could just leave them like that. Brian, I’m going to play with that one hose on the top link tomorrow. The hoses on the side link, once we get that extender, will be perfect. Just want to figure out if I like the hose on the top link to the right or crossing over to the left. I’ll get some more pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yank, with your top link ports facing down, isn’t the short hose too short to fully lower your 3-point? You may not notice with an implement attached, but when changing implements it could be a problem.

That is why I had to turn my top link to face up.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
It looks that way in the pic, but it’s not. I have the top link connection turned a little, can’t really see it in the picture. Gives it enough play to go all the way up and down. When I hook them up, I stand at the back of the tractor and tilt it all the way up, down, left, and right just to check for that. aJ, do you have any pics of yours?

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is how I have mine right now. Everything moves free, and the hoses don’t rub on anything in any position. I need to try moving my side link hoses like yours are, both pointing to the right side. But for now it is working great.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Brian, here is a pic with that one hose crossed over the top link. I’m really torn with which way to leave it. Both ways work fine. No interference either way.

Attachments

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
Brian, here is a pic with that one hose crossed over the top link. I’m really torn with which way to leave it. Both ways work fine. No interference either way.
With the hose how it is, rotate the 90 forward 10-15*. Again trying to get the hard bend out of the hose at the cylinder.

The extended 90 should be at your place by Thursday.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Like this?

Attachments

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
Like this?
That's what I was thinking if the hose gets left crossing the cylinder. How is the interference with the hitch fully raised?

With the hose on the right hand side, I'm thinking that the 90 will need to point back some? This will need to be played with some to get the 90 just right.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
With the hitch fully raised, it lays on the top link, but barely. Not a lot of pressure.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tried rerouting the side link hoses with the tractor end 90’s pointing to the right, and also flipped the top link so that it’s fittings point down. I’m worried if you route the hoses like this you will eventually break something.

Fully raised, the right side 90 rests on the arm, note how far the 90 is pointing up though.

This is as low as I could lower the 3-point with the Rod End of the top link hose connected. Also, note how far the side link 90* fittings have rotated in the quick connects.

This shows the top link hose being too short (due to top link fittings pointing down) when 3point is fully lowered, no implement attached. It doesn’t matter if you run the rod end hose under or over the top link, it is too short to fully lower 3point if top link fittings point down.

When raising the 3point again, the right side arm contacts the 90 on the right to push the 90 back up. Besides not liking the contact, I don’t think these fittings should need to rotate throughout the range of motion. I was going to make a video of this movement, but I was afraid it might break something.

So I put it back like this. It works good like this. I have video of it moving while connected this way, I will try to upload it.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
With the hitch fully raised, it lays on the top link, but barely. Not a lot of pressure.
That's looks good and most likely how I will recommend the installation be. But just so we can see how it would be, would you please try it with the hose on the right side.

Thanks.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts