Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Long time listener. First time caller.
I have a JD 3720 open station and want to add the 4th and 5th SCV remotes (BLV10761) to run the Top and Tilt (BLV10650).
My question: Can I have an optional float function on both top link and side? If so, what additional parts will I need?
The reason for this setup is a 3 mile driveway up and down slopes and around trees. Very twisty.
Your assistance is appreciated.
Cheers

·
Registered
229 Posts
You may find this video helpful - its for a 3320 which I suspect will be similar to a 3720:

Note 1 SCV is electric and only 1 of the two mechanical SCVs is equipped with float. Based on this, I suspect one can not have float function on both with JD components/kits.

However, w/ a power beyond kit, one might be able to add a two spool valve with both spools equipped with "float function."

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
634 Posts
Hi, Long time listener. First time caller.
I have a JD 3720 open station and want to add the 4th and 5th SCV remotes (BLV10761) to run the Top and Tilt (BLV10650).
My question: Can I have an optional float function on both top link and side? If so, what additional parts will I need?
The reason for this setup is a 3 mile driveway up and down slopes and around trees. Very twisty.
Your assistance is appreciated.
Cheers
Just as an FYI, The factory JD T&T set does not provide tilt to both sides. You get down tilt to the right side only. When fully retracted the implement is level side-side. I bring this up because it sounds like that may not work so well for your "very twisty" driveway.

The top link works, but IMO the overall working length is wrong. Depending on which set you get, but either set does not have the level front-back position any where around the middle of the adjustment range.

As far as using the factory 4th & 5th SCVs, you won't really need the float feature with the side link. JD provides the float feature built into their side links. Simply unlock the pins in each side link at the draft arms and that should get you enough side-side up-down float movement to take care of the issues caused from a non floating implement.

Good luck with your added capabilities to your tractor.

On a side note, I VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND a LPGS (land plane grading scraper) for general maintenance of your road.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm curious about how much "float" is needed on the lift arms? I can't speak for the 3-20 series but I can comment on the 4200 - the connection between the lift arms and the pull arms can be configured to allow about 2" of motion. The lower lift arm hole is slotted and there's a small piece of steel that can be turned to allow the pull are to move up and down without the lift arm moving. If one needed just a few inches of "float", this might save them the cost of expensive hydraulic components.

I can take pictures of that would help.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
634 Posts
The left picture is what he should have and is std OEM for his model. Depending on the width of implement, that it should provide plenty of float for any finishing purposes that he might have.

The right side picture is what I would typically provide for his tractor.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm curious about how much "float" is needed on the lift arms? I can't speak for the 3-20 series but I can comment on the 4200 - the connection between the lift arms and the pull arms can be configured to allow about 2" of motion. The lower lift arm hole is slotted and there's a small piece of steel that can be turned to allow the pull are to move up and down without the lift arm moving. If one needed just a few inches of "float", this might save them the cost of expensive hydraulic components.

I can take pictures of that would help.
Thanks JAllen.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to 3PL. The back-hoe, or "rear whore" as we call it in Australia, was on the machine when I bought it and this will be my first attempt at de-whoring and adding a 3way.

I think Brian's pic shows the little bit of metal that gets turned. Thanks for the offer of a pic though.

Sam

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't understand

You may find this video helpful - its for a 3320 which I suspect will be similar to a 3720:

Note 1 SCV is electric and only 1 of the two mechanical SCVs is equipped with float. Based on this, I suspect one can not have float function on both with JD components/kits.

However, w/ a power beyond kit, one might be able to add a two spool valve with both spools equipped with "float function."
I've watched this a few times and I'm confused - maybe somebody can help me understand.

In this video, the 3rd function (eSCV) appears to only have two lines - the P (pressure) line and the outlet line that appears to be pressurized also. I looked at the parts diagram and it seems to confirm this. At the same time, the 4th/5th SCV valve(s) appear to have three lines - the P (pressure), T (tank) and a third pressurized outlet line. The parts diagram confirms this.

Question: Why doesn't the 3rd function valve have three lines - pressure, tank and power beyond?

I'm contemplating adding another valve to my tractor - I have the power beyond kit installed and from what I can figure out from the internet, I need a valve that has pressure, tank and power beyond ports.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
634 Posts
Thanks JAllen.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to 3PL. The back-hoe, or "rear whore" as we call it in Australia, was on the machine when I bought it and this will be my first attempt at de-whoring and adding a 3way.

I think Brian's pic shows the little bit of metal that gets turned. Thanks for the offer of a pic though.

Sam
Sam, that pin with the rectangular head gets turned 90* (vertical) and that allows the pin to float up about 1". That 1" equals several inches out at the edge of the implement depending on the width of the implement how far the floating action actually is.

With the 3pt lever all the way forward, this allows for each draft arm to move up or down independently of each other.:good2:

·
Administrator
16,772 Posts
I've watched this a few times and I'm confused - maybe somebody can help me understand.

In this video, the 3rd function (eSCV) appears to only have two lines - the P (pressure) line and the outlet line that appears to be pressurized also. I looked at the parts diagram and it seems to confirm this. At the same time, the 4th/5th SCV valve(s) appear to have three lines - the P (pressure), T (tank) and a third pressurized outlet line. The parts diagram confirms this.

Question: Why doesn't the 3rd function valve have three lines - pressure, tank and power beyond?

I'm contemplating adding another valve to my tractor - I have the power beyond kit installed and from what I can figure out from the internet, I need a valve that has pressure, tank and power beyond ports.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks.
The 4th/5th has four total connectors, two for each. Only the PB or "Power Beyond" option has three connections.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think he's talking about supply lines, not the work ports-couplers??? :unknown:
Correct. According to the parts diagram and the video, the 3rd (eSCV) kit has two hard lines and the 4th/5th SCV kit has three hard lines. In the video, the second hard line on the 3rd eSCV kit is replaced with a hose that pressurizes the PBO. The PBO is used to pressurize the 4th/5th SCV kit which has a hard line returning to the transmission and a hard line tee'd into a line from the PBO to the tank. Why does one valve have two and one have three?

Sorry if this is adding confusion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is how I did mine, powered the 4th&5th with PB and works great . I have the 3rd as well which I plan to run my tilt cylinder with soon as I buy one.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts