Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a jd 3046r 2018 that I bought with a dealer installed top and tilt option.it came with a anti twist black plate attached to the top cylinder and from there to a small silver bracket attached to the tractor with a pin thru it with a cotter pin holding it in place.it also has the diverter switch installed.when I used the top and tilt using the I match attachment the black bracket tab bent and silver bracket became twisted.i replaced the brackets and without using the top and tilt I noticed the new silver bracket twisted again.the tilt cylinder is mounted on the left driver side of tractor fyi.also on the top and bottom black tabs of the tilt cyllinders are bent.is this normal and why is this happening.do I need the anti twist bracket?does the tilt cylinder need to replaced.should the tilt cylinder be installed on the passenger right side of the tractor?and lastely I have a 385a back hoe for the tractor.does the top and tilt need to be removed when I put the back hoe on?thanks much and hope to hear a response...pete t

·
Administrator
17,313 Posts
Can you post pics? I can't envision what the parts are that you are referring to?

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Are the parts in question shown on this parts illustration of a 3046R Top 'N Tilt assy?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I have a jd 3046r 2018 that I bought with a dealer installed top and tilt option.it came with a anti twist black plate attached to the top cylinder and from there to a small silver bracket attached to the tractor with a pin thru it with a cotter pin holding it in place.it also has the diverter switch installed.when I used the top and tilt using the I match attachment the black bracket tab bent and silver bracket became twisted.i replaced the brackets and without using the top and tilt I noticed the new silver bracket twisted again.the tilt cylinder is mounted on the left driver side of tractor fyi.also on the top and bottom black tabs of the tilt cyllinders are bent.is this normal and why is this happening.do I need the anti twist bracket?does the tilt cylinder need to replaced.should the tilt cylinder be installed on the passenger right side of the tractor?and lastely I have a 385a back hoe for the tractor.does the top and tilt need to be removed when I put the back hoe on?thanks much and hope to hear a response...pete t
I have the same setup. The plate on top of the cylinder with the bracket you mention is for transport, i.e. when not using the cylinder. When I have mine hooked up to anything 3pt hitch related I remove the pin and place the pin in the black bracket on top of the cylinder. As for the the cylinder having to be removed prior to installing the BH is a good question. I have not done that yet but was wondering the same thing. Later in the fall I will find out, as I will need to install the BH for some other work planned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts