Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new Woods finish mower and want to run it with my quick hitch.
Should I get the Y top link adaptor or the Woods quick hitch kit # 1005400
untitled.png top link adaptor.png
untitled.png woods Kit # 1005400.png

·
Registered
301 Posts
I sprung for the woods kit on mine as well as the extra front anti scalp roller... the factory quick hitch set up works excellent.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about the Woods but the price of $200 vs $20 is a lot. But if I get a few more hits tell me that the Woods is the why to go. I'll go for it. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
447 Posts
FWIW, I don't have a Woods finish mower (my Woods mower is a zero-turn 61" deck), but to me, $200 seems steep for an adapter kit, when $20 will get the job done.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Y top link adapter in the pic looks like the same one Harbor Freight sells and the same one Everything Attachments sells. If you go that with it buy/ordered it from HF..I believe its around 12.00 or so...both made in China.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You might look into a Land Pride adapter and see if it would fit for you. I bought one for my JD quick hitch. If I remember right it was around $35 or so. You would have to have a removable top hook for it to work. I would post a picture on how it works but I can't seem to ever get pictures to come up on this site. I assume I'm computer illiterate enough that I'm doing something wrong.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Y top link adapter in the pic looks like the same one Harbor Freight sells and the same one Everything Attachments sells. If you go that with it buy/ordered it from HF..I believe its around 12.00 or so...both made in China.
Does HF still carry that item? They didn't know anything about it when I checked a few days ago, and I just looked for it on the H.F. website, but came up empty.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does HF still carry that item? They didn't know anything about it when I checked a few days ago, and I just looked for it on the H.F. website, but came up empty.
last I heard was you had to order it, the part number is in their QH manual

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my Y adapter. Easy to install but not that easy to use.
I mean you have to get off the tractor to finish up the install. Very good value for the money spent.
Now that it was raining today. I made a Woods quick hitch adaptor today.
Went to my metal stock found some 3/16 x 1 1/2 X 4'
Cut it to size drill some holes ,bent a few angles and a lot of measurement were taken. In the end it work great. Total cost about $30 with the chains. The chain cover is a old mountain bike tube.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I got my Y adapter. Easy to install but not that easy to use.
I mean you have to get off the tractor to finish up the install. Very good value for the money spent.
Now that it was raining today. I made a Woods quick hitch adaptor today.
Went to my metal stock found some 3/16 x 1 1/2 X 4'
Cut it to size drill some holes ,bent a few angles and a lot of measurement were taken. In the end it work great. Total cost about $30 with the chains. The chain cover is a old mountain bike tube.

1st Class job you did there.
And you made a would-a-been productive day into a very productive and satisfying day. :bigthumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts