Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Yep. Seen it before. See if you can get it warranted. What happened? Post hole digger?

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Ouch

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Can't like this. Did you get the JD insurance with the loan? It may just cost you 500$. Which will likely be cheap in this case.

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
LVA21893 $2,285.14. Yeah, it's a party major job to replace the rockshaft unit.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Odd that it broke that one ear in two spots.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Did that on my buddy’s 4100 with a post hole auger. We welded it , that was several years ago and last I knew it was still holding. He sold the tractor about a year or so ago.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Tractor (2025R) is 1 month old with about 55 hours.

I was scraping snow off a driveway and caught a edge. Dam near went through the window, even the radio popped out!
Surely that will get covered by your JD dealer. Don't know if i would get into details on how it happened though.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Good thing I have a great dealer!
We'll see how great it is. If they replace this under warranty, yeah, they are a great dealer. For your sake I hope they do but don't hold your breath.

·
Premium Member
10,691 Posts
Tractor (2025R) is 1 month old with about 55 hours.

I was scraping snow off a driveway and caught a edge. Dam near went through the window, even the radio popped out!
Were you using a rear blade? If so, were you going forwards or backwards?

·
Registered
303 Posts
As the pin is gone with just the one ear not broken... I'm wondering if pin had been falling out.
That might explain how such a strong point on the tractor could break, how the other ear is undamaged, and how the pin and clip are both missing.

Maybe when the blade struck an edge, it bounced, the lift arm cam up and hit it the pin, twisting that ear off?

Whats the top link look like?

Edit:
The side that broke has the boss that locates the flats on the pin's head...
I say this as, if it was going to fall out, this would be the side the pin would be in last before falling out.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Did that on my buddy’s 4100 with a post hole auger. We welded it , that was several years ago and last I knew it was still holding. He sold the tractor about a year or so ago.
Was yours the one that was welded and then wrapped with a steel band over it. That was a nice fix.

We'll see how great it is. If they replace this under warranty, yeah, they are a great dealer. For your sake I hope they do but don't hold your breath.
I will be shocked if they do but I wouldn’t be afraid to tell them what happened. That should be normal use.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts