Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacement Top Link has adjuster bar in package.

Question: Should this bar be driven through the adjuster hole, welded into the hole or just kept loose and used for adjustment then kept with the tractor?

Have seen top links with the adjuster bar secured through the adjuster hole permanently.

Thanks

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
Drive it through with a hammer, it helps to grunt a few times while doing it:lol:

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Registered
390 Posts
I think the intent is to pound it in and hope it stays centered. I just put a short bolt and nut in there and use a large adjustable wrench I carry. That is the crude type of top link, the more advanced kind have some arm to turn that doubles as a locking feature and often as a way to hold the link up out of the way.

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
X3 has others have said.

The top link on my old 9N was missing the bar so I just used a long screw driver stuck through the hole. I kept the screw driver in the fender toolbox which made it easy to make top link adjustments without getting out of the seat.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies and advice. There were no instructions with regard to the adjuster for the replacement top link. Figured just to drive it in place, but wanted to verify.

Thanks again.

DC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts