Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a good TNT for the 2038R? Are they hard to put on?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have the two factory rear remotes and a power beyond.

Reactions: BigJim55 and pcabe5

·
Premium Member
5,804 Posts
I should have my top cylinder installed on the 2038R next week. Brian at fit rite makes a beautiful cylinder, if it works as good as it looks it should be perfect. I really like the way the restrictors are threaded into the 90° fitting, keep things neat and takes up no extra space.

I will post some photos once I get it on. As far as ease that you asked about, pull the two pins and plug-in the hoses.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks, guys. This is what I will be going with. Looks really good. MntViewRanch, do you need any specifics from me about the tractor to order? Guys, sorry, but I have a dumb question. When you add anything to your hydraulics, including hoses, I'm assuming I will need to add more hydraulic fluid, right? What type will my tractor use? I'm trying to have everything I need ready for its arrival here at home.

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Administrator
20,881 Posts
It will use some hydraulic fluid, and always having some on hand is a necessity. Your tractor uses Hygaurd fluid. Your dealer will have it in quarts, gallons, and 5 gallon pails. I highly recommend you have at least a gallon to get you by. You never know when you need it.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
662 Posts
Thanks, guys. This is what I will be going with. Looks really good. MntViewRanch, do you need any specifics from me about the tractor to order? Guys, sorry, but I have a dumb question. When you add anything to your hydraulics, including hoses, I'm assuming I will need to add more hydraulic fluid, right? What type will my tractor use? I'm trying to have everything I need ready for its arrival here at home.
When you say specifics, I need the make and model. I typically have the actual measurements required to build the units for most newer makes and models up to the 100HP frame sizes.

As far as adding oil, while yes the level will go down, if it was full to start with (before adding the additional items requiring hydraulic fluid) you would find that you could barley notice the level drop. As in 99.9% of the time you would be fine to operate the tractor without adding any fluid.

There should be markings on the dip stick that show a safe range for the oil level to be at and as long as you are within that safe range during all operating ranges you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That's all makes sense, thanks guys. It's a 2017 2038R which will be here in about two weeks. I will go ahead and order the top n Tilt from you. How long is your wait time usually? Does your kit come with everything I need to install?

·
Administrator
20,881 Posts
His wait times are more than worth it. Just keep that in mind. :good2:

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
662 Posts
That's all makes sense, thanks guys. It's a 2017 2038R which will be here in about two weeks. I will go ahead and order the top n Tilt from you. How long is your wait time usually? Does your kit come with everything I need to install?
Please fill out the contact page on my website. http://fitritehydraulics.com/contact.html

I will then get you a quote having a total bottom line cost for you.

Current lead times are running about 15-17 weeks.

Assuming that you will have the 2 factory rear remotes, then yes my top & tilt set comes with everything that you will need to have a complete operational top & tilt set.

1 Top link
1 Side link
2 hose kits with male AG couplers
2 sets of flow restrictors to get you slower smoother adjustments of the hydraulic links.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ordered it this morning. Yes, I will have the remotes so it doesn't sound hard at all to hook up. Looking forward to getting the tractor in a couple weeks, have to wait a while for the top n tilt, but it will be well worth it.

·
Premium Member
5,804 Posts
Sorry for the delay. I got mine installed this afternoon and took some photos. This is a fit-rite top link on the 2038R. Brian custom made this cylinder for me to what I asked for and I could not be happier with how it turned out. Since I was going to use 1/4" hose I was not sure I needed restrictors but I am glad I have them. The great thing is they are built right into the elbows so it is very clean. When you see how small the hole in them is you would not think it would move as quick as it does. I am not saying it is too fast, I am saying the man knows his business. :good2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,804 Posts
Any issues with ports contacting the tractor?
Excellent question. No, but with it fully retracted and all the way up it gets close.

When you route the hoses you really need to move it slowly through its whole range of motion. Well you might have plenty of hose at the top at the bottom it may be tight. Retracted and extended make a difference as well even though you wouldn’t expect it to. For example the picture shows it retracted and up and it is close to the original retainer link bracket. if you have it in the middle of top link stroke but still raised It is a couple inches away from that bracket since the top of the quick hitch swives down.

I had seen your comment about fabricating one. I make a lot of things and there is 3 constants I find. 1. If you really enjoy making it is a good choice and there satisfaction in doing it. 2. If what you want does not exist you have no choice. 3. If it does exist in good quality it is almost impossible to do it yourself cheaper than somebody that is set up to do it every day. If you place any value on the labor hours it is always cheaper to buy.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I completely agree regarding the latter part of your post. If I didn't work for a mechanical contractor with access to infinite welding capabilities, I'm not sure I would have welded mine at home on my own. Not everyone has that luxury. Perhaps though the fender cross brace has been reworked on the 2038r's in comparison to the older 2032r's. I know when I did mine I intended to leave the ports up but contact became an obvious issue with out flipping the cylinder upside down etc.

·
Premium Member
5,804 Posts
I completely agree regarding the latter part of your post. If I didn't work for a mechanical contractor with access to infinite welding capabilities, I'm not sure I would have welded mine at home on my own. Not everyone has that luxury. Perhaps though the fender cross brace has been reworked on the 2038r's in comparison to the older 2032r's. I know when I did mine I intended to leave the ports up but contact became an obvious issue with out flipping the cylinder upside down etc.

Funny you should mention that. Brian at fit-rite asked me how it would work with the ports down. Actually it works either way it is just a matter of preference but I like the clean cylinder look better with them down. Cost him a sticker though.:laugh:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts