Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you still have a float function with a TopNTilt installed?

·
Administrator
17,098 Posts
The 3PH will still float up, there is no down pressure. The hydraulic top link (HTL) may or may not float in and out, that depends on the type of cylinder used and the valve.

·
Administrator
20,289 Posts
I installed a valve on my tractor that allows float along with standard cylinders from Brian at Fit Rite Hydraulics. He no longer sells those valves, but I'll tell you what, having float on the 3PH is a nice feature and I've used it fairly often while box-blading roads. :good2:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the tractor I have coming I purchased the two factory rear remotes. I was reading on them and noticed that one has a float function. So, if I hook up the top cylinder to the valve, will I have float? Or does Brian’s cylinder have to have the float option?

·
Administrator
20,289 Posts
It’s the valve that has float in it. But if you get a cylinder that has a double pilot operated check valve, DPOCV, that’s available on some top cylinders, float will not work with those.

·
Registered
234 Posts
On the tractor I have coming I purchased the two factory rear remotes. I was reading on them and noticed that one has a float function. So, if I hook up the top cylinder to the valve, will I have float? Or does Brian?s cylinder have to have the float option?
yank, where were you reading on the rear scv's?

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
On the tractor I have coming I purchased the two factory rear remotes. I was reading on them and noticed that one has a float function. So, if I hook up the top cylinder to the valve, will I have float? Or does Brian’s cylinder have to have the float option?
Either cylinder will float using the float featured valve.

Depending on what you are doing if you want to have the top link or the side link be able to make use of the float feature that one of your control valves has.

I wish that they would provide both with the float feature, but they don't. That way you would not need to be swapping hoses around for different tasks being performed.

But it is what it is and everyone just has to make the best out of what's available.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Brian. I was thinking that would be how it works. Sleepy, I found the information in the owners manual. Looked it up online. One more question. Do most people use the float function related to top link operations or side link operations? I guess what I’m asking is, which one will I use float on the most?

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
Thanks, Brian. I was thinking that would be how it works. Sleepy, I found the information in the owners manual. Looked it up online. One more question. Do most people use the float function related to top link operations or side link operations? I guess what I’m asking is, which one will I use float on the most?
3pt mower = using the float feature in rough terrain or commonly steep banks that are backed up-down to.

Final smoothing when grading my road is where I use the float feature with my side link. This allows the implement to follow the road vs the tractor when dealing with camber in the road as it changes going around a corner into the neighbors driveways.

There are other places & tasks that the float feature can be taken advantage of. These are just a couple.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts