Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of adding a walk behind snowblower to the snow removal arsenal for a while now. I didn't want a gas powered machine because my wife wouldn't want to use it because it would be loud if she could even get it started. Single stage snowblowers aren't for me and most of the battery powered ones look like they were made by Fisher Price.
After researching I felt the Toro two stage was the way to go for me. It is a standard Toro with an electric motor replacing the gas engine.
After getting it home and set up I gave my wife a short lesson on how to use it and she immediately started clearing her paths to the chicken coops. Very easy for her to use, just put the batteries in turn the key on and go. She picked it up quickly and likes how quiet it is.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They claim 24 car spaces in 10 inches of snow with the two 6 amp batteries. I used it for about an hour today albeit with not much snow yet. It was down to two bars on the batteries after that. It has a slot to run a third battery which I plan on doing. Toro claims up to 42 car spaces when using 3 batteries, not sure if that is with the 6 amp batteries or the 7.5 amp batteries. I feel it will handle my needs with the three batteries. We will see how it does with more snow. I know my wife will be happy to not have to shovel her paths as the heaviest storms always seem to happen when I am working.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: gdow and Dave in DE

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sure like how everything in your garage is very organized and the floor protected, etc. My plan was to be that organized, but I am not quite there yet. Need another building or less stuff or both......yea, both......

Like the Polaris UTV as well........What's the main snow clearing source, the tractor or the Polaris?
The tractor is my main means of snow removal. Currently the loader is still on. I put the blower on it when there is a packed base of snow on my gravel driveway. I prefer the front mount snowblower for a few reasons. Where I live snow doesn't melt between snowfalls from around Thanksgiving till sometime in March and into April. The snowblower spreads the snow over an area along the driveway. No snowbanks or piles that take much longer to melt preventing the driveway from drying out sooner.
The Polaris is used for light snows or for quicker cleanups after work. When I have more time on the weekend I then do a proper clean up and widening with the tractor and front mount.
The walk behind is primarily for walk paths and close to buildings to limit shoveling.
Currently Toro has single stage snowblowers $200 off and $300 off on two stage snowblowers.
As far as my garage being organized it is still a work in progress. The "toy" side is pretty much set but I have some more to do on the work side.

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why are you making your wife snow blow?
I work and get home late and handle clearing the driveway, 900' with a large circle and two garages to clear. She has been shoveling her paths to tend her chickens and peafowl for years. She has been dropping hints lately to get some kind of snowblower for her. Happy wife happy life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts