Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a project with my son in law to dig out and level a pad for a patio from a sloped area. A retaining wall will be built where we dig into the slope. It is extremely hard clay, by extremely hard, we were using a tiller to dig in and shovel into a wheelbarrow. I can't take the 2032r, it won't fit through the gate. If a Dingo can dig, we'd be able to dig and move dirt. If we go the mini-ex route, we still have to deal with the dirt. I would say that the 2032r with the tooth bar would dig it, although it might be a little slow for reference. The Dingo that we are looking to rent does not have a tooth bar.

Does anyone have any experience with one of these? Sorry, no pictures yet, I was so tired from digging by hand for 6 hours last weekend that I forgot to take any.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I've seen many of them used on TV, based in that I'd say I doubt it could dig in your conditions. Perhaps if it had a stump grinding or trenching head it might work on the clay...

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My advice would be to remove a section of fence so you can get your 2032R in there an get it done fast. Then simply replace the section of fence.
That would be so nice, but the way these houses are packed together it's not feasible. It's not just a small gate, it's a small space to get to the back yard too.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Then I would continue using the tiller to break up the hard clay and use the Dingo to do most of the "shoveling". The Dingo isn't really a "digging" machine, more of a moving machine. It will definitely alleviate a lot of the back breaking work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts