Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the torque should be for these nuts? They are from the snowblower where the PTO connects to. When I took off the blower and all its bits, I noticed 1 of the lock nuts is loose.

Thanks,
Kevin 20190407_134509.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt it is critical. Not every fastener needs to be tightened to a specific torque. The main issue is that when nylock nuts loosen by themselves, it's because the nylon is permanently deformed. Replace the nut.

Al
Easy enough. I didn't think the torque was critical for a part like this, but thought I'd check with the experts!

Thanks,
Kevin.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the torque should be for these nuts? They are from the snowblower where the PTO connects to. When I took off the blower and all its bits, I noticed 1 of the lock nuts is loose.

Thanks,
Kevin View attachment 680500

It does not appear that the nut was ever tightened down in the first place! If you can run the nut down by hand all the way then the nyloc is shot, if not, snug it up and I will edit this thread later and give you the torque spec when I get home to my tech library. Look familiar? See the sensor through the hole in the center of the bearing?

Sincerely

Update - Sorry, can’t locate the paperwork right now. If I run across it I will post to this thread. Tighten it down good by hand for now. They won’t come loose if the bullocks are okay.

Sincerely

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
when in doubt JD has standard torques by bolt sizes in their paper manuals ...and the online manuals ....google is your fiend .....but as others have said due to the nylon nut this probably not a torque sensitive application

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
That one requires a commonly used German torque spec: Gutentight

I tend not to use nylocks more than twice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts