Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm seeking advice and everyone's expertise on tow behind spreaders for my 1025r. Next week I plan on purchasing a tow behind spreader. What brand, model, etc. would everyone recommend getting? I plan on using it for fertilizer and grass seed and want to spend approx. $100-300 range.
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on this,
Travis

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello everyone,
I'm seeking advice and everyone's expertise on tow behind spreaders for my 1025r. Next week I plan on purchasing a tow behind spreader. What brand, model, etc. would everyone recommend getting? I plan on using it for fertilizer and grass seed and want to spend approx. $100-300 range.
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on this,
Travis
I went with agri-fab because that's what the local "farm supply" carried.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
967 Posts
Last year I got the "Home Owner" John Deere tow behind from LOOwwwsss. Pull it behind my 26R or the ATV. Works as designed. Excellent job. Use for Flea and Tick control in the woods along the trails where the Moose and Bear frequent behind the house. It has a break-away lower gear cover that protects the transmission. Just need to be mindfull of the stumps or protruding petrified potatoes. Just reach back and open the shoot to let the hopped flow to the spreader VIA the lever. PRe-set the opening and your good to go.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I bought a Cosmo 500 for cheap used. That way I don't have to worry about ground speed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with agri-fab because that's what the local "farm supply" carried.

Ajbarth,
If you don't mind I wanted know what setting do you put your agri-fab spreader at? The fertilizer says it will cover 10,000 sq ft so I'm going to need a lot of bags for my 4 acres but on the spreader what setting do you use so it's delivering the right amount?
Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ajbarth,
If you don't mind I wanted know what setting do you put your agri-fab spreader at? The fertilizer says it will cover 10,000 sq ft so I'm going to need a lot of bags for my 4 acres but on the spreader what setting do you use so it's delivering the right amount?
Thanks
I only use it to overseed horse pasture, and tend to run it almost wide open 7+ Have moved to liquid sprayer and weed'n'feed for lawns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts