Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,288 Posts
Interesting. I think you are the first person I've ever seen that installed a TPMS system on a lawn mower. :) As someone who only checks tire pressure when I change oil or if there is a massive temperature swing (60's to the 90's) I would be interested in hearing what type of day-to-day variation you see.

·
Premium Member
13,423 Posts
Interesting. I think you are the first person I've ever seen that installed a TPMS system on a lawn mower. :) As someone who only checks tire pressure when I change oil or if there is a massive temperature swing (60's to the 90's) I would be interested in hearing what type of day-to-day variation you see.
Same here

:munch:

·
Premium Member
8,856 Posts
Where did you find the kit that would work with the low tire pressures? Please indicate the source or even better, post a link if you would.

Were you having issues with tire pressure between mowings or is this just preventative? I normally check them only when performing service or if something appears out of whack..........

I don't recall if you have a signature, but if not, please indicate what model you put the TPMS on, thanks.......

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
If I get this I was thinking about mounting it on my toolbox. Easy to see and out of the way for me.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just about everyone needs to waste their hard earned money....this is one of them for a Lawn Tractor. I don't know of any lawn tractor that has tires that are aired up over 24 lbs. Most tires...rear are 16-18 psi. and 12-13 on front tires. So, the alarm will not sound as it states on tires aired under 24 lbs. I'll spend my money on couple "curb feelers" and "turn signals".

I own a Buick that has the low tire pressure warning that came from the factory. Those tire salesman wants to replace the sensors each time at a fee of $36.00 ea.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can adjust the low pressure alarm to come in at as low as 6Lbs I have mine set at 8, I don't care about the high pressure alarm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts