Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 880 Trac Vac around 1997. I loved it except for dealing with the long 8" intake hose & boot when the vac was unhooked from the tractor.
It was a pain to remove & reinstall it at the blower each time, so I would just wrap the hose with the boot attached around the exhaust tube above the engine.

A few years ago during leaf pickup season, when I was upgrading the dust collection system in my wood shop, I got the idea of coming up with a way to make the intake hose quick connect.

I used a short piece of 8" spiral pipe, a 8" male coupling, 2 clamps & 2 hooks for the clamps that I fabricated.
Now it takes only a few seconds to remove or attach the hose. I now store the hose in the trailer.

Also, I have read others say it is difficult to unload the trailers on yard vacs. I found out early on that the dump feature of the trailer was useless unless you have a steep hill to back over. I use a fork that I used growing up on the farm to unload silage wagons. We called it a silage fork, but I do not know the proper name for it is. The tines are bent 90 degrees to the handle. Just put the fork in on top the material & pull back. It makes unloading very easy. My fork is hanging on the side of the trailer in the picture below.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I remember the fork, AAAAHHHHH brings back the good old days.

Doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts