Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I'm really liking the idea of this. I have a 60 acre swamp that partially dries up in the summer. I have been thinking of a way to clean it up in the summer and plant for duck hunting. I would think these would disperse the weight allot better than wheels. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,191 Posts
Neat package although I bet they're pricey. :gizmo:

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those must be slow. How much $$$?
Requested a quote. I imagine they'll be high as Cadillac payments. I would like to think they are geared to compensate for different ratio btwn tire and tracks.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
The new combat Vehicle Called the JD 1 person carrier Just need a turret

There's a company In Europe That even makes kits Like this for Lawn & Garden tractors and there is One zero turn company herein the US that even has them and Deere does use them On these https://www.deere.com/en/tractors/4wd-track-tractors/9620rx-tractor/ so I guess why Not Compacts For a ATV there about $2,700 a Track I can just Image what the cost a track for a Compact is per track. Max speed is suggested at 20MPH on compacts:bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
There is a brand new set of the 5000 series Mattracks up for sale on Tractor House. They claim they fit the 5000 series Deere tractors.

$47,000. YOKIES!

They look pretty cool and I'd love to try a set out but... I'm not willing to pay more for a set of tracks than I paid for my tractor! :laugh:

Reactions: Levi and etcallhome

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If the company needs a product tester I could be persuaded to donate my tractor and time to test these tracks on various projects. Tracks on anything is simply cool

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a brand new set of the 5000 series Mattracks up for sale on Tractor House. They claim they fit the 5000 series Deere tractors.

$47,000. YOKIES!

They look pretty cool and I'd love to try a set out but... I'm not willing to pay more for a set of tracks than I paid for my tractor!

Whoa whoa whoa....I think I'll pass. Never mind guys, don't try and think of ways this would benefit me in the swamp situation. I would have to get a second job and not be able to hunt ducks, so the need is no longer.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
380 Posts
A small detail. I have seen these used on a compact tractor (JD) with a loader and 3pt rakes of sorts in the cranberry harvest process. The rakes are a form of thatch type rake. A guy had a set on a compact tractor and would custom "rake" flooded cranberry bogs. This would loosen the berries from the plants with the berries floating. The foot print on the plants in the bog was not destructive to plants, bog, or berries. Then the berries were floated to a pump or conveyor to load on trucks. Yes.. The tracks are quite expensive, but very useful in this nitch of custom harvesting.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa....I think I'll pass. Never mind guys, don't try and think of ways this would benefit me in the swamp situation. I would have to get a second job and not be able to hunt ducks, so the need is no longer.
It costs right around 5 grand for a good set of tracks for a atv. I would guess it would be 5 to 10+ grand for a tractor application. Curious now on how much they do cost? I wouldn't give up hope just yet and I love your duck hunting idea! I want to dig a pond on my property but don't know if I can with all the rules the Township has. Might just say I needed the dirt.. Lol

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It costs right around 5 grand for a good set of tracks for a atv. I would guess it would be 5 to 10+ grand for a tractor application. Curious now on how much they do cost? I wouldn't give up hope just yet and I love your duck hunting idea! I want to dig a pond on my property but don't know if I can with all the rules the Township has. Might just say I needed the dirt.. Lol
We already hunt it but it's mainly wood ducks. Hundreds in fact. Beavers control most of the water but I would install a pipe and valve to control water even more. Plant it, let it grow, then flood it for duck season. Maybe get some mallards in.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The pictures in post #7 did not show up when I made my previous post.
This is exactly the set up I've seen used before.

An expensive set up for sure, but worth hiring as a specialty custom harvest tool compared to having to buy and maintain your own machine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My neighbor looked into these for his 42 horse Kubota ( I know a bad word! Mods please don't throw me off the board!). He wanted them for winter logging and low impact on his conserved land. He called his dealer and never heard back, He called them back and dealer said there was no point! My neighbor said "how much?" dealer said are you sitting down! He said "why?" dealer said $37,000. Neighbor said but I only paid $32,000 new with a cab. Dealer said " what would you like to do?" Neighbor said "I don't think so!" Dealer said " Now you see why I did not call you back!"

They are cool but not at that price! Chains are cheap by that means as well as the struggles of logging in the winter! Just my thoughts!

Jrob730

·
Administrator
20,973 Posts
My neighbor looked into these for his 42 horse Kubota ( I know a bad word! Mods please don't throw me off the board!).
There is no rule about talking about other machines here on GTT. You will not be thrown "off the board" for mentioning Kubota. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Our local snowmobile club has a set of Soucy tracks on their 135 HP New Holland. They use it to pull a drag to groom snowmobile trails. Now that they have managed to upsize to this size machine, they intend to place the set on their next tractor when they replace it in a few years. Theyy were $50K for this size machine. Soucy seems to sell a fair number of these, they had two JD's set up and sitting on the snow banks at their Drummondville, QC facility 4 years ago.

Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts