Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been wanting to do this for a couple years, but could never justify the $5500 CDN that tracks would've cost me.

Well, it would appear that no one else could justify it either, and a dealer passed a full, brand new set, of Soucy XT-90's over the the auction barn. I was lucky enough to grab them for $2000!!!

I did have to get hub spacers/adapters to go from the JD pattern to polaris pattern.

While I'm at it I've added a 2" spacer lift (not on yet in pic), and I'm glad I did. The tracks need space to clear the fenders.

I'm also adding a silencer muffler, finally getting my Warm 4500XT winch on it, and re-routing the gas tank breather so I don't end up with a gas tank full of water. i think the rear diff is in for the same treatment.

Only thing left that I'm considering is a clutch kit.

With it's new height, wide stance, and wheelbase I honestly don't know what kind of stupidity I'd need to get up to to get stuck!!!

-J.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HOLY COW! That is so C O O L ! ! !

Would love to see a video of it in action! Have you figured out a way to mount the new baby's car seat in it yet? :good2:
No, but we sure will be!! She's the whole reason we got the S4 (in 2013....).

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Nice find, I would definitely pay $2000 for a set, am in the same boat hard to justify $5500. :bigthumb:. Keeping my eyes open for a deal like that for mine.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice find, I would definitely pay $2000 for a set, am in the same boat hard to justify $5500. :bigthumb:. Keeping my eyes open for a deal like that for mine.
My find was an absolute beauty stroke of luck.....hope you find one too!!!!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
WOW that's about the cost of rims and tires. I'd think the only thing you'd have to worry about is high centering it with that wheelbase.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW that's about the cost of rims and tires. I'd think the only thing you'd have to worry about is high centering it with that wheelbase.
True. The 2" lift spacers, and the 5" of height that the tracks have added should help with that!!!

Not a lot of obstacles to high centre on around these parts though, mostly just mud, snow, and FLAT.

·
Registered
11,649 Posts
JER, that is some ride now-wow!!! nice:bigthumb: now ur gonna want a windshield--then a wiper motor, and the list goes on-huh!! i bet that thing will be fun! thks for the pic. just need a action shot in motion:lol: please...............

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
WOW!! What else is there to say? :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
13,941 Posts
Great find, and at $2000. :bigthumb::bigthumb:

Now for some action shots.

·
Registered
345 Posts
That is awesome. What a cool factor.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Good work man! Bad to the bone. I can't imagine how you must have felt when you bolted those on and dropped your tools and stood back.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,324 Posts
Pure awesomeness there dude! :good2:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Wow that is pure awesomeness! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
7,543 Posts
Some will leave chains on all year in an attempt to look cool.

Tracks. Now that is just flat out right cool. :good2:

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ALL of the above statements are true!!!! Heck - when I see a walk behind trencher on tracks I get excited!!!

I'm pretty pumped. I'll get video ASAP.

Big thanks to my young neighbor Austin for doing the work for me as a side job......kid knows what he's doing!!!

-J.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
That is one tough looking gator

1 - 20 of 20 Posts