Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an L 130 John Deer Lawn Tractor which is about 4 years old. Cutting the grass yesterday, the traction drive belt slipped off the pully on the top of the transmission. Thinking it would be an easy fix, I removed the mower deck and tried to replace the belt on the pulley. However there is a bolt which acts as a belt guide and it is hard to see how the belt came off with that in place. It is even harder to see how I can get the belt back on the pulley.

It seems obvious that that belt guide bolt can be removed but my concern is that it is soooooo inaccessible that I am not sure I can get the guide back on after putting the belt back.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Remove guide. Get the belt back on. Release the brake. This will snug up the belt.. Reinstall guide.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove guide. Get the belt back on. Release the brake. This will snug up the belt.. Reinstall guide.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help. Once the guide came off the belt slipped right back on, and when the brake was released the belt snugged up and left room to get my hand back in to put the guide back. Pretty simple. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Glad you got that belt back on!

Your L130 is only 4 ?!??!?!?? Years old? I didn't think they made them up to 2013-ish? I know Tractor Data isn't infallible but they only list 2003-2005 for production years?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts