Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old Ford tractor I need to get appraised is there anybody in the western part of Ohio that does this.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,042 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Depending on the level of service needed and purpose, a good dealer should be able to handle this service for around $150-350.

Auctioneers are also worth a try, most know a little about older equipment and have resources to support their value.

Finally, can always try PDA Corporation: Appraisal Services Property Damage Estimates

Just keep in mind there are wide variations in appraisals and their quality. A good appraiser includes at minimum 15-20 photos of the item, serial numbers, all restored/replaced major components and the date of restoration and cost, and links to supporting evidence of their value - I/e sales in last 5 years. Again, if you have a tractor that’s worth 4-6k, not going to be highly detailed in nature. If you have something super valuable - more is better.

Stating “in my opinion this item is worth” without supporting evidence in worthless if your looking to support value for a court or insurance purposes. It’s fine if you just want it for your personal use, but to a 3rd party who knows nothing about a tractor...they need evidence, not opinions. Dealt with it many times on classic cars, someone thinks because they put 100k undocumented into their restoration and they have a paper from a friend saying it’s worth 125k, not just a really nice 40k project. Provenance is always key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts