Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a chart available that one can determine when a 1025R was built by using the VIN? I purchased mine in 2017 but that may not mean it's a 2017. Not having any problems, but being a retired auto tech, lots of info can be obtain by the VIN.

·
Premium Member
8,832 Posts
Is there a chart available that one can determine when a 1025R was built by using the VIN? I purchased mine in 2017 but that may not mean it's a 2017. Not having any problems, but being a retired auto tech, lots of info can be obtain by the VIN.
The tractors don't have "model years" like the autos do, but if I am not mistaken, you can obtain the build date with the VIN number through your dealership or any Deere dealership for that matter.

I know my tractor was built in August of 2017 (8/17) and in the auto industry, that would be for some brands when they are starting to bring out their new model year cars. Tractors don't change on the model years as much as they seem to by Serial number breaks.

Part of that is because the plant doesn't run the same model line year around. They run one series of machines, switch the line and run another series of machines, based upon demand. This is partially why there can be quite a wait when someone orders a custom built tractor because the models are built based upon inventory demand.

I carry a photo of my tractors serial number in my phone just in case for parts, etc. I just looked at the picture and the build month is not on the VIN tag, but somewhere I could swear I saw that information on a tag some where in that 08/17 format......

I know my cab has the build month on it's factory tags along with it's own serial number and even a sequence number if I understood it correctly, like 1 of 878 as an example.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Tractor serial #

I will try and remember where I found it. I think it was from this site which led to the JD site. I ended up looking mine up because there where a number of GTT members whose 1025 model was not manufactured the year they purchased it. In a few cases it was one or two years older. Owners were pissed and felt dealers had taken advantage. I remember finding out the certain digits/letters were indicative of the year made. I purchased mine in 2016 and was able to verify that it was manufactured/assembled in 2016. Again, I will try and look in my tractor log notes to see where I found it.
Don

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
I thought mine was a 2015 when I bought it, but the manager at my dealer looked it up and it was built in November of 2014, but is a 2014 model. He said that they usually change over where units built in November are the next years models.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
2,235 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
Yes, there is a chart. If you go to JDParts.com, search on the 1025R and select the "Worldwide Edition" it will take you to the 1025R main page. If you scroll down on that page there is a link to "Product Information". That link takes you to the attached document:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Yes, there is a chart. If you go to JDParts.com, search on the 1025R and select the "Worldwide Edition" it will take you to the 1025R main page. If you scroll down on that page there is a link to "Product Information". That link takes you to the attached document:
Jim should we put this in our Technical Library ??

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
Jim should we put this in our Technical Library ??
I'm hesitant to do so. Deere has a copyright on the doc and they may get nasty of we start posting them here to much (I think they'll let us slide if someone posts one every couple of years...). But everyone can access them directly through JDParts.com. Perhaps the solution is to post the "How to..." direction on how to find it on JDParts in the tech library? I'll have to practice my photoshop skillz to do that. :laugh:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found what I was looking for. In fact the PIN break down is right in the operators manual. Page 02-1. Mine is a 2017 according to the PIN. Thanks for all your help. It is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,367 Posts
I found what I was looking for. In fact the PIN break down is right in the operators manual. Page 02-1. Mine is a 2017 according to the PIN. Thanks for all your help. It is appreciated.
You beat me to it, both of my tractors have/had the VIN breakdown right in the OM.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My tractor is a "G" or 2016.

I think I pinned down the approximate build date via some assembly marks under the hood.

Some guy was even so proud of my tractor, he just had to sign it.

Is that Picasso?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts