Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using any type of floor covering to protect your concrete floor from the tractor chains?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I never had to worry about chains on a floor, but have used 2''x6'' planks or 3/4'' plywood ripped length wise and layed down to bring bulldozers and other tracked machines into the shop before. For tire chains I'm sure you could get by with 1/2'' or even 1/4'' plywood for the winter.:unknown: Hope this helps a little.:drinks:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Is anyone using any type of floor covering to protect your concrete floor from the tractor chains?
Gizmo,

I kept my JD445 in the garage for about 12 years. Every fall, I'd install the chains and remove them every spring. I did not put anything down on the floor to drive on. There is no apparent damage to the concrete floor from driving the tractor in and out. I plan to use the same chains this winter on my 1026R.

·
Administrator
17,252 Posts
I have regular chains for my 4110 and see no damage from backing into the garage. If you have v-bar chains then I would probably use plywood, an old peice of carpet (I am sure you have some shag left over?), conveyer belting or horse stall mats.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I dodnt put anything down, even with v-bar chains just driveing in and out dosnt seem to hurt the floor much.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I have regular chains for my 4110 and see no damage from backing into the garage. If you have v-bar chains then I would probably use plywood, an old peice of carpet (I am sure you have some shag left over?), conveyer belting or horse stall mats.
:lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am at least a week out from using the new floor and I would like to get something before I can use it. Tire chains on the 2320 are left on year round and with the floor finish the contractor put on I would hate to dig it up. Plus dropping off the forks and or the front bucket. Seriously thinking about Racedeck. Garage Flooring | Garage Tiles | Garage Floors | Garage Floor Mats | RaceDeck

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Plywood strips.

Pete

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the chains do not appear to damage the floor any but the tractor will slide very easily. We put down TSC horse stall mats, 3' x 6' x 3/4". Seems to work just fine.
The plan is to further work on the inside come Fall or late Fall.

IMG_0195_1.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts