Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been pushing this announcment off due to the fact that we have worked so hard to establish Mutton Power as the Compact Tractor dealer in the USA. :usa, but now that word is getting around, I want to put it out there.

As of 01/01/2016, Mutton Power Equipment has limited our delivery area from the entire US, down to the Midwest. We will deliver tractors to any state touching Indiana.

There are a lot of factors that went in this decsion.

-Our local market share numbers have dropped over the past few years, and I feel that by doing so much business outside of our local market, it has taken our focus from the most important customer a small business has, the local customer

-Shipping cost were becoming out of line. When you ship tractors hundrends of miles away, and something is missing, or something isn't working, we have to fix it at our cost. Deere will not cover warranty unless its in our shop. The costs were becoming to be too much to justify the sales we were making

- Dealers rejecting warranty recalls, causing us to drive across the country at our expence to complete the recalls

-John Deere has been on us for years about selling out of area. I've always felt, (and still do) that I'd rather sell only in my local market, but the sad fact is, there are a lot of John Deere dealers that could care less about compact tractors. I never felt bad about taking a sale from a dealer that flat out didn't want to deal with the customer in the first place. If it wasn't for us selling them, I think a lot of these sales would have went to Kubota.

Well dealers didn't see it that way, and instead of fixing the problem, they focused they're time on complaining about a dealer that treats customers the right way regardless if they are buying a spark plug, or a $100,000 tractor.

I've been assured by Deere that there will be a push with larger ag dealers to have a better sales mindset when it comes to compact tractors. I hope this is true.

With all that said, I'm very excited about the furture of Mutton Power Equipment. With our shifted focus, we have seen a huge increase in a short amount of time with local customers. We will continue to invest in marketing for compact tractors. We will continue to post videos etc. on our website, and I will continue to be very involved with GTT and other forums. We still feel that a lot of local customers use forums and websites when researching tractors. I will be happy to help any GTT members with questions, concerns, you name it, I'll still be around.

If you are wanting to buy a tractor from Mutton Power, and are out of our area, we have no problem with you picking it up at our store.

There will be NO shipping restrictions on the following-

-Attachment sales
-Parts Sales

Thank you all for helping us build Mutton Power into what we are today. The best is yet to come!

·
Administrator
17,110 Posts
Thanks for the update Shane, and your continued support of GTT :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
thanks for the heads up!:thumbup1gif: i like that you are trying to support our local economy, and not spreading the dough around. i will probably getting a set of forks from you soon, i really look forward to working with you and muttons.:greentractorride:

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
I'm sad to hear this but competely understand.

Being Deere has shut down any local dealers near me you were always my back-up go to dealer if/when I would ever be in the market for a machine again.

Glad to hear that this will not affect implements and parts which would be a more likely purchase for me anyway.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Shane,

Very sad to hear the news, I do understand. Dealing with You and Mutton made my transaction easy. Your product knowledge is second to none. Also, I thought delivery charges to the east coast was very reasonable.

Good luck,

Kevin

·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Shane,

Very sad to hear the news, I do understand. Dealing with You and Mutton made my transaction easy. Your product knowledge is second to none. Also, I thought delivery charges to the east coast was very reasonable.

Good luck,

Kevin
Thanks Kevin.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Glad you touch Micigan:). If every Ag dealer paid attention to their customers you wouldn't have to deliver here. You guys were the only ones that were able to answer all of my questions and took the time to explain the details. Price was secondary in my decision. Too bad you don't have a business here. I will continue to support you guys for all you did for me, and many others. Hope this all works out for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts