Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well almost got them they're not on the tractor yet. switching from the r-4's to new radial more lawn friendly and hopefully better traction in the snow and in my field so maybe I might have a low hour (under 900 hrs) full set of R-4's with rims for sale soon
pick up only or meet somewhere close
make an offer if interested

Registered
Nice 馃憤 Would like to see some pics when you get them on.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dis you buy new rims with the new radials already mounted? If so, where? Or did you buy new wheels and tires separately and will be mounting them yourself?
new rims and tires from my jd dealer hartville john deere I ordered them about 3 months ago wasn't expecting them till october

Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
well almost got them they're not on the tractor yet. switching from the r-4's to new radial more lawn friendly and hopefully better traction in the snow and in my field so maybe I might have a low hour (under 900 hrs) full set of R-4's with rims for sale soon
pick up only or meet somewhere close
make an offer if interested
The Versa Turf's have Incredibly better traction in the snow, not to mention dramatically better ride on every surface. Having owned the R-4's and now running on Versa turf's, there isn't a situation where I find the R4's were better for my needs. From carrying max capacity FEL loads to rear RC2048 Frontier mowing to snow removal and even extensive dirt work on crushed concrete, the Versa Turfs are a superior tire.

The Versa Turf's traction in snow is VASTLY improved over the R4's, not to mention the improved ride on the tractor. The Versa Turf's clear their tread and don't ball up, as the R4's do. In fact, with the proper ballast, I find no need for snow tire chains on my 1025r.

I sold the R4's on FB Marketplace for $250 (tires only) to a guy restoring a Wheel Horse. The 12x12x24 rear tire size is quite common across large Garden Tractor's and SCUT's of many makes so there will be quite a bit of interest in those. However, the 10" wheel size for the front tires make those a harder sell, as it seems many machines with the 12x12x24 rear tires use 8" front wheels, verses the 10" front wheels on the 1 series.

Don't be surprised to get many offers on the rear tires and wheels only, so price them accordingly and you will probably be asked to split up the set and sell the rear tires and wheels only.........

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The Versa Turf's have Incredibly better traction in the snow, not to mention dramatically better ride on every surface. Having owned the R-4's and now running on Versa turf's, there isn't a situation where I find the R4's were better for my needs. From carrying max capacity FEL loads to rear RC2048 Frontier mowing to snow removal and even extensive dirt work on crushed concrete, the Versa Turfs are a superior tire.

The Versa Turf's traction in snow is VASTLY improved over the R4's, not to mention the improved ride on the tractor. The Versa Turf's clear their tread and don't ball up, as the R4's do. In fact, with the proper ballast, I find no need for snow tire chains on my 1025r.

I sold the R4's on FB Marketplace for $250 (tires only) to a guy restoring a Wheel Horse. The 12x12x24 rear tire size is quite common across large Garden Tractor's and SCUT's of many makes so there will be quite a bit of interest in those. However, the 10" wheel size for the front tires make those a harder sell, as it seems many machines with the 12x12x24 rear tires use 8" front wheels, verses the 10" front wheels on the 1 series.

Don't be surprised to get many offers on the rear tires and wheels only, so price them accordingly and you will probably be asked to split up the set and sell the rear tires and wheels only.........
well I'm glad that I got them now that I know they're sullybear approved (y):)

Premium Member
2020 2038R w220R MSL
You will love the Versa Turf. I鈥檓 a broken record on this but they truly are the only tire designed specifically for these tractors.

Regarding Sulley鈥檚 comments on selling his used R4s, the 18X8.5-10 is commonly married with the 12x12.00-26 used on subcompacts. If you had 24鈥 rears then 8鈥 fronts would be appropriate. Kubota used 8鈥 fronts many years but went with 10s a long time ago. You won鈥檛 have any trouble selling your take-offs as they are the most common sizes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You will love the Versa Turf. I鈥檓 a broken record on this but they truly are the only tire designed specifically for these tractors.

Regarding Sulley鈥檚 comments on selling his used R4s, the 18X8.5-10 is commonly married with the 12x12.00-26 used on subcompacts. If you had 24鈥 rears then 8鈥 fronts would be appropriate. Kubota used 8鈥 fronts many years but went with 10s a long time ago. You won鈥檛 have any trouble selling your take-offs as they are the most common sizes.
already sold the tires with rims 500 cash not sure if I did good or not but they're out of my way(y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.