Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finished welding up the Tractor Hitch today. Need to paint it still but it goes up and down and stays strait doing it. Total investment Both 3/Point Cat #1 Pins $6.00, Truck Hitch $12.50 extra 3" Box Steel and Strap $26.00 so it adds up to only $44.50 for it except a can of paint. I can get a ripper tooth for it to slide in the box receiver that has a shear bolt from Titan another $55.00 that would be nice for shallow wire/pipe trenches. Could make one too and use a ripper from my box blade?? 100_2270.JPG 100_2276.JPG 100_2278.JPG hitchrip72_grader-specifications-01.jpg hitchrip72.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,899 Posts
:bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,836 Posts
Now that is very excellent considering your cost. :good2:

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Well now I'm going to have to do this. I have two old ones laying around. Thanks for the idea JD:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Finished welding up the Tractor Hitch today. Need to paint it still but it goes up and down and stays strait doing it. Total investment Both 3/Point Cat #1 Pins $6.00, Truck Hitch $12.50 extra 3" Box Steel and Strap $26.00 so it adds up to only $44.50 for it except a can of paint. I can get a ripper tooth for it to slide in the box receiver that has a shear bolt from Titan another $55.00 that would be nice for shallow wire/pipe trenches. Could make one too and use a ripper from my box blade?? View attachment 654004 View attachment 654006 View attachment 654008 View attachment 654010 View attachment 654012
Nice job! I would use a ripper from my BB and save myself the $55

·
Premium Member
5,804 Posts
Looks good like all your work.

One comment. On the tractor side of the 3 point there are 3 holes. Not sure on your tractor but in my owners manual it mentions for heavy work the top hole is recommended. They mention they are for lighter work and it makes it arc when it comes up if you use the lower ones with the I-match.

·
Premium Member
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I read that too about the 3 holes? It does make my rear snow blade lift different depending on the hole used?? One it will arch nice and dump the snow and the other will hardly lift it. This hole makes things come up even and not a arch. Might have to try the top hole and see what happens to the lift?

A - Center Link
B - Bottom Hole
C - Middle Hole
D - Top Hole

For light and medium draft loads: Install center link (A) in bottom hole (B) of mounting bracket. Example of a light or medium draft load implement is a landscape rake. A category I implement tilts forward while rising in this position.
For medium and heavy draft loads: Install center link in middle hole (C) of mounting bracket. Example of a medium or heavy draft load implement is a tiller or box blade. A category I implement tilts forward slightly while rising in this position.
For very heavy draft loads: Install center link in top hole (D) of mounting bracket. Example of a very heavy draft load implement is a plow or ripper. A category I implement rises, but angle remains constant.

·
Premium Member
5,804 Posts
I read that too about the 3 holes? It does make my rear snow blade lift different depending on the hole used?? One it will arch nice and dump the snow and the other will hardly lift it. This hole makes things come up even and not a arch. Might have to try the top hole and see what happens to the lift?

A - Center Link
B - Bottom Hole
C - Middle Hole
D - Top Hole

For light and medium draft loads: Install center link (A) in bottom hole (B) of mounting bracket. Example of a light or medium draft load implement is a landscape rake. A category I implement tilts forward while rising in this position.
For medium and heavy draft loads: Install center link in middle hole (C) of mounting bracket. Example of a medium or heavy draft load implement is a tiller or box blade. A category I implement tilts forward slightly while rising in this position.
For very heavy draft loads: Install center link in top hole (D) of mounting bracket. Example of a very heavy draft load implement is a plow or ripper. A category I implement rises, but angle remains constant.
That is what mine said. I only mentioned it because of the ripper.

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts
I would have never thought to use a hitch in that way, great thinking JD4044M!:good2:

·
Premium Member
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
At the JD Store to pick up a Fuel Filter for the Chevy Truck. Saw a JD Rear 3 point set up Quick Hitch and not sure why I can't add this to my hitch and make it a "Quick Hitch" for my Rear Implement's I have. It is strong enough to do it. Just need to look at some pictures and some more welding??

Should be easy to weld to but sure I am missing something doing it. 100_2278.JPG Here is a one close enough to do? Hitch1.jpg Hitch2.jpg

1 - 20 of 50 Posts