Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if the weather forecast hold up Saturday 2/3/2018 till Sunday we are now aiming for 4-8 inches Detroit Michigan area. Tuesday another aiming for 5 inches. Later in the week a couple of more inches. totaling 24 inches in about 1 week. Glad I have my tractor!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just Gotta say

Well if the weather forecast hold up Saturday 2/3/2018 till Sunday we are now aiming for 4-8 inches Detroit Michigan area. Tuesday another aiming for 5 inches. Later in the week a couple of more inches. totaling 24 inches in about 1 week. Glad I have my tractor!
Oh No, THATS JUST A GOOD START, Need a 20"-30" in one day THEN WE CAN GET STARTED on the seat time and work out, OTHERWISE JUST GOOD PRACTICE1

LUCKY U:bigthumb:

waltmart

:plowsnow::bigbeer:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Over here on the west side, you'd think we'd be getting pounded by lake effect, but maybe 2" have fallen since last night. I'll be out plowing soon though. Darn driveway turns to a skating rink as soon as it's covered. It's a good excuse to take a break though :yahoo:

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Same here, mines full of Diesel ready to go,,,,,,bring it:bigthumb:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Same here, mines full of Diesel ready to go,,,,,,bring it:bigthumb:

I think I would rather the tractor just sat there and it NOT snow. Think of the tractor and snowblower as an insurance policy.

Once the new play time has passed snow removal is just something that has to get done.

Now cutting grass in the warm sun with a beer in the cup holder has more appeal.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I think I would rather the tractor just sat there and it NOT snow. Think of the tractor and snowblower as an insurance policy.

Once the new play time has passed snow removal is just something that has to get done.

Now cutting grass in the warm sun with a beer in the cup holder has more appeal.
Well sorry would rather plow than mow. Now sweet, no bugs, no dust, no ac. Hot coffee with some Irish cream or baileys:lolol:

·
Registered
533 Posts

I"m with you.:greentractorride: I:bigbeer:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Different strokes for different folks. Makes the world go around.

But how do you keep the coffee hot when it’s 2 degrees outside with a -12 wind chill? :bigthumb:
Heated Cab!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Heated Cab!:thumbup1gif:

If the choice is $5 grand or more for a heated tractor cab vs equipping Silverado/Tahoe with a plow, guess what I would have.

Since I have 1023E tractor with 54” blower I’ll use that as quickly as I can and get back in the house or garage where it’s warm.
:mocking::mocking:

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
What is this snow you speak of? Sunny and 65 here.
now that's where in my older yrs, i wantta be at. just now today it's thumping putting the snow down here. :banghead: in my younger yrs, i couldn't wait to plow snow with the jd model 50, we had a 1/4 mile lane to maintain, plowed for several neighbors, even a local bar if needed. would trade the owner for pizza's:laugh: which i thought was so great.

now i want a heated cab, and a wiper too:lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update

WEll i moved about 5 inches of snow at the half time of super bowl, I also split about two face cord of wood and had the tractor bucket moving the wood around, That was all day Saturday. I have about half a face cord left to saw up and that will be completed next Saturday.

Forecast for this week is everyday 1-3 inches except Friday about a major accumulation.

Tractor is going to get a work out more.

·
Registered
700 Posts

It's an even worse feeling when you plow without a cab, for money. Probably my last year plowing commercially with my 2520. New job has me travelling 175 miles daily. Even if it weren't for the job, there's just no money in it unless you pick up multiple contracts and pray it doesn't snow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts